Chapter 5

Snake Bites chapter 5

With the light filing out of the trailer behind him made him look positively angelic. Just looking at him made her heartache and pulse. No matter how much she wanted it all to back to normal nothing felt the same as before. But god did she try.

"What are you doing here so late?" He wiped his eyes as if to make sure she was real like she was really there in front of him. "Come in its freezing." He stepped aside to let her walk in.

The doorway didn't give much and she had to brush past him to get in. Nothing. No sparks. No electricity. Nothing. She felt nothing, not a damn thing.

He closed the door behind them gesturing to the couch. She sat down feeling more out of place than she ever thought she could. He disappeared in the other direction and for a second she thought he'd abandoned her again but he came right back out with a blanket. He placed it around her silently looking anywhere but her face.

She had her eyes closed to scared to open them when she felt the couch dip beside her. She had yet to udder a single word.

"Why did you come?" It wasn't harsh. It was soothing, making her feel just so at home in a place so foreign.

"I didn't know where else to go. I needed familiar. I needed safe. I didn't know where else to go." Her voice was so quiet she was surprised that even she could hear it let alone him. She felt the quiver in the back of her throat as the words escaped.

"Do you wanna talk?" He was quiet too as he placed an arm around her pulling her into him. She didn't speak just shook her head no before letting a tear drop onto the trailer floor. She leaned into him instinctively.

"I'm here if you ever decide you want to." He kisses the top of her head. "You can sleep here tonight. My dad won't be home so you'll be fine." With that he helped her up holding her hand, leading her to his crappy bed in his crappy bedroom all the while she wanted to wash her hair clean feeling so dirty from the kiss. She used to relish in these moments, live for them, crave them. But she just felt so wrong. So broken.

His room was never someplace she spent much of her time in but she wasn't a stranger in the least. The same creaky bead frame, same dingy sheets, same dark interior no matter how much sun was filtering in. She hated him but couldn't help but love him. He was and forever will be her first real love and in moments like that she wondered why it was so bad but then remembered everything he did. Everything he said and she felt a wave of nausea roll through her.

Man, she had to get better taste in men.

He covered her in the sheets never once looking in her eyes. She stared at the wall for a while feeling him get in bed beside her. He wasn't under the same blanket as her but she couldn't help feel to close, too intimate. She closed her eyes squeezed them shut hoping sleep would come and grace her but nothing came.

Jughead breathing was even beside her but she dared not move. She steadied her breath calming down the nerves slowly creeping up her throat. Beside her, Jughead shifted in the bed causing her to stiffen ever so slightly.

She heard a sigh come from his lips, felt the breath on her neck, trying her hardest to suppress a shiver.

"Damn It I love you, Betty Cooper." He whispered so so quiet. She didn't move, couldn't move, just kept her eyes closed tight and breath even as he spoke. "I should never have let you go. God, I just wish I could tell all of this to you for real." He sighed when he finished still whispering.

Betty wanted to cry, felt the tears stinging her still closed eyes. She couldn't tell him she was awake. She didn't know what to say. She didn't feel the same in the slightest.