The Day

"̕C̢'m҉on͡ Sc͘hn͏e͘e̕p,̴ isn't͡ ͝thi̷s a͢mu̵si҉ng?"̕

Schneeplestein was shaking as he was forced to watch the monitor in front of him. It was Jack dying over and over again, and he could do nothing to stop it.

"N͟o̴ ma͝tt̡er h̸o͝w ̢h͟a͟r̴d ̵y͢ou̸ t͠rįed͜,̶ ҉y͝ou cơuld̷n't̴ ̛sa̷ve҉ ̵hįm҉.̛ ҉Yo͜u ͏f̢a̴il̶ed. S̶o̷m̕e͜ ͡d̵oct҉o̕r͘ ̷y̵o͡u a͜r̵e͠.҉"͘

Tears began to roll down Schneeplestein's face as Anti's taunts got worse and worse. It wasn't his fault! He didn't mean for Jack to die, that wasn't supposed to happen.

"͝He̛heh͝e, ̶you̴'̸r͟e s̵o p͘a͡t͘ḩet҉i͝c. ͡Y̶ou͏ c̢a̡n'̢t ev̨en sa҉v͏e o͜n͏e͡ ̛o͡f the p̨eo͡p̛l͞e t̢hat ̵m̷a͢t̷tęr͝e͏d ͠m̛o̵s̨t ̛t̛o ̷you͞."

͝ "It wasn't my fault!" Schneeplestein sobbed. "It wasn't my fault! I did my best!" He kept repeating those words like a broken record.

Anti laughed even harder and turned the volume up higher on the monitor. "Of c̸o͞urs͢e ͝i͏t ̢w҉as yo͏ur͠ ̴f͘a̛u̶lt͡, you'r͘ȩ ̷t̛h̨ȩ o̸n̛e ͠wh̛o was͠ taķing ̧c̛are̡ ͏o͡f͝ hi̶m.̕ ͏Lis̴ţen ̨t͜o͢ how̕ ̶he ̕cri͞e̶s ơut̷ a̸s ̸yo͢u ͠diḑ n͡o̷t̨h̡in͏g t̸o̶ ͘he҉lp͡ h̸im. ̶I̛n f̵a̷c͡t, you͘ hur͘t ͠h͝i̢m e͢vȩn͏ ͘m̸o͏re ̕w̸ḩen͏ y̨o̷u͏ di̕d̸ t̢ry ҉t̢o̵ ͞"͢help"͟. ̧A͜n̸d͞ ̸l̨o̡o̴k͟ w̨he͢r͠ȩ ͘th̸a͝t g͞ot y͝ou.̶"͝

Schneeplestein stayed quiet and hung his head. Anti was right. He had failed Jack and made his last moments alive spent in agony.

"I'm so sorry Jack," He sobs.

Anti's grin widened. "͉̬̠̜̰̱͇͜Ḫ̟e͕ p҉̮͚r͏͚̣͖ͅo̘̼̯b͖̟̲̳a͈̝̘̪b̪l̰y̳̬͞ ̞̠̼͈̣̟h̘̺͇͎̙at̗ẹ̸̤̲̮̯͎s͕͇̯̮̬ ̴̹̘̮̠̣̯y̗̩͙̙̫̟͝o͚u̜͖̠͙͖͔͡ ͉̪͟n͠ow̫̝̙̮͖̞,͚̜ ҉̼̮̤a̼f̷̩̥ͅͅt̮̼͜ḛ̶̥̗̮r̛͖̟̦̤ ͚̟͍͍̰a͕͓ḷ̪̻̞̲l̳͈͓͎͎̯̫͠,̛ y̱o̳͚͚̹͔̱͓u̢͈͍̖͖͕ͅ'̸̻͖̘͎̥r͔͈̻ͅe҉̭̱ m̶̮y͇ ̠͚͜p̠͔͠u̟pp̹e̩͚͉̲͕̜t҉̳̺͈̩̪.̲͍͓̻̥ͅ"̷̳͇͖

̴̫͎̺̞̥̱

*

"SCHNEEP WAKE UP!"

Schneeplestein woke up to Jackieboy shaking him awake. He sat up quickly and gripped the superhero's shoulders. "What happened? Who's hurt?"

Jackieboy stared at him for a moment before engulfing him into s hug. "You were crying and screaming in your sleep. Everyone's worried about you."

Schneeplestein hugged Jackieboy back. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you all."
"But are you ok?"

"Yes," Schneeplestein nodded. "I am completely fine. Just had a bad dream is all."

Jackieboy pulled back from the hug and gave Schneeplestein a worried look. "Do you... Do you want to talk about it?"

Schneeplestein thought for a moment and shook his head. He didn't want to relive that. Not right now.

Jackieboy gave him an understanding look. "Ok, but remember, you can always talk to me if you need to." Schneeplestein nodded and gave him a smile.

"Thank you."

Jackieboy pulled him into another hug and murmured a "No prob bob" and pulled away. He took ahold of Schneeplestein's hand and gently tugged him out of his room. "Chase is making pancakes."

Schneeplestein grinned. "His pancakes are the best."

"You're damn right they are," Jackieboy agreed as they arrived at the kitchen. Everyone gave Schneeplestein worried looks.