Charms

I spent Sunday relaxing and talking on the phone to Natsu. The dance was on Saturday and I got a call from Natsu the next day asking how I was. I giggled at his concern but assured him I was fine. We spent hours talking on the phone and to my surprise he stopped flirting and just talked to me. I liked that and made sure he knew it. He agreed to try to stop flirting but said he couldn't promise much because it's second nature to him.

Now it's Monday and much to my protest Natsu is picking me up and taking me to school as well as bringing me home. I usually drive but he insisted he be my escort to and from school since I was nice enough to give him a ride home after homecoming. I see him pull up in a red mustang convertible and I couldn't help but squeal. He rolled down his window and smiled at me.

"You like?" He teases.

"I love it! I want to ride in it with the top down one day!" I squeal and hop in the car.

"I'm glad you like it so much." He says with a big smile and leans over and kisses my cheek then immediately looks scared. "Sorry I didn't ask!"

"It's ok. I don't mind. I feel I can trust you. But my warning still stands and will always stand. You have my trust. Don't betray it."

"So you don't mind if I kiss you?" He asks curiously

"In private I don't. In public I do because we aren't together."

"Do you want us to be together?"

"I. I don't know. I just started school here. Maybe once I'm more settled. In the meantime can we be friends?" I ask shyly and nervously. I really like him but I feel it's way to soon.

"Best friends. You can count on me to always be there for you." He smiles and reaches over and grabs my hand and squeezes it. I smile and hold his hand in mine until we got to school. "You're welcome to hang around me at lunch. But you don't have to unless you want to."

"Thanks. I think I'll look for Levy though. Do you know where she normally is?"

"The library. She's a book worm." Natsu chuckles.

"I am too. So I'll be in the library. I'll meet you here after school?" I ask and he smiles and nods.

We get out of the car and go our separate ways. I can't help but feel bad denying him a relationship. Every part of me wanted him to kiss me again or even just hug me again. Why? No guy has had that affect on me before. I wonder if he feels the same way or if he just wants a chance to get in my pants. No. Levy said he won't hurt me physically. I shake my head and walk off to class.

Time skip
Lunch time. Finally. I can head to the library and find Levy. Considering Natsu pulled me from her before I could get her number or anything and I'd really like to be her friend still. I walk into the library and look around and immediately spot her. I rush over and lean on the desk she's sitting at and she looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey Levy!" I whisper yell and she jumps up and hugs me.

"Hey Lucy! I see you're still in one piece." She giggles

"Yeah. Natsu wasn't as bad as you made him out to be."

"Don't let his charms fool you. He's broken so many hearts I can't even keep track." Levy says sadly

"It's not my fault the girls fell so hard for me but I didn't fall for them." Natsu says softly and wraps his arms around me from behind making me squeak. "Miss me?"

"I. I uhh. Umm. Yeah?" I stutter because he's got me so flustered I can't find my words.

"Just as flirty as ever." Levy says with annoyance and rolls her eyes.