Revelation

I have a crush on Gray now. Oh no. No no no. This wasn't the plan! I want Natsu! But Gray was so nice and sweet and respectful. He actually talked to me and didn't flirt, well not as much as Natsu. I groan and put my face in my hands. I take a deep breath and compose myself. I like Natsu more than Gray so I'll still go for him but if he doesn't stop flirting at least now I have someone else I like.

The classes drag on slowly but finally the final bell rang and I left to head to my car. On the way I saw Natsu and Gray in a very heated discussion.

"What were you doing with Lucy?!" Natsu shouts

"Bro she's not yours! You never keep a girl longer than a day! Plus if she was yours she would of been with you but she ignored you!"

"I still don't like you guys being so close." Natsu growls

"Not your choice man. She's not yours to claim or control. If she wants to go for me then let her. I'll gladly date her and actually show her love and respect unlike you." Gray says cockily and I see Natsu about to punch him so I rush up and stop him by grabbing his arm.

"Natsu stop! He's right! You have no claim over me and you know why! I said no to you because of your endless flirting. So if I want someone else then you can't stop me. So leave him alone." I tell him sadly but with anger and stomp away. I can't look at him. He held such pain in his eyes just now.

"Bro you got denied for the first time ever because of your endless flirting. That's got to be a slap in the face." Gray says sadly but with amusement

"You have no idea." I hear Natsu say with so much sadness in his voice I could feel it.

I get in my car and look at them one last time. Natsu has such pain in his face and Gray looked a mix between sad for his friend and happy for himself.

"I'm sorry Natsu. But this is the only way you could understand the pain I experience when I see you with other girls." I say out loud as I drive home.

I get home and head to my room and do my best to focus on my homework. It takes longer than usual but I get it done. I go have dinner with my parents and head to my room. I play music on my radio and play on my phone for a long time. Not able to sleep because I'm thinking about Natsu. I'm surprised he hasn't called or texted me. Then I hear a noise at my window. I get scared at first then I remember only Natsu will do this. I sit up in my bed and watch the window open and see Natsu climb in. He sees me looking at him and freezes.

"Lucy. I thought you'd be asleep." He says sadly and softly.

"I can't sleep after today." I reply sadly

"Me either. All that hurt."

"That was the idea." I tell him and he looks at me with a mix of shock and anger. "You heard me. I gave you a taste of your own medicine. Now you know exactly how I felt seeing you flirting with all those girls and I just flirted with Gray. Imagine how you'd feel if I flirted with every guy I saw like you do with girls." I tell him in a serious tone and see him get sadder and sadder.

"I understand your pain now. I honestly didn't think it hurt that bad but now I know it does. I'm so sorry Lucy. I never meant to hurt you like that." He says sincerely and comes and sits on my bed beside me.

"I know Natsu." I say sadly and sigh "Natsu. I want to tell you something but promise you won't get mad." He looks at me for a second then takes a deep breath and nods "after today I have a crush on Gray. Only because he treated me with respect and didn't flirt as much as you do. He did everything I want that you didn't do. I still have a big crush on you but now I also have one on Gray. And. If you can't stop flirting with other girls. I'm going to go with him." I tell him in complete honesty and see him get extremely angry.