Pass or Fail

Natsu let me go reluctantly for my first class. I know he's scared being apart from me will cause him to stray from the task at hand but I know he can do it. I've given him motivation to pass this test and I know he can and will.

Classes go by slowly and soon it was lunch time. I went to the cafeteria to get lunch because I know he will be there sooner or later and he said before I could sit with him and his friends. I get in line for lunch and look around and don't see him anywhere. My heart starts to sink thinking he's off flirting with some girl again. I suddenly feel arms around me and think it's Natsu. But it's not. I look and see some random guy holding onto me and immediately shove him off with all my strength making him fall to the floor.

"Back off." I growl and glare at him.

"No one pushes me around missy." He growls in response.

He gets up and gets in my face and slaps me. I waste no time in punching him and we were soon fighting and everyone was in awe of what they were seeing. I soon hear a yell and feel me and him getting separated only to see the guy I was fighting in a fight with someone else while I was being led out of the cafeteria. I look and see that it's Gray is leading me out.

"What? Why? Who's fighting back there?!" I shout and fight to get free but he tightened his hold making my yell out in pain.

"Natsu. He saw it was you fighting and lost his mind. When he saw it was a guy he got extremely pissed. I've never seen him so mad. I figured I should take you to the nurse."

"I'm not leaving him! Let me go!" I shout and break free and rush back to the cafeteria and see them separated on the floor with people holding them back. "Natsu!" I shout and rush to him and hug him tightly hurting both of us in the process.

"Why were you fighting a guy?!" He shouts in concern and anger.

"He had put his arms around me and I shoved him off and told him to back off. He got pissed and slapped me so I punched him and we started fighting. Where were you anyways?!" I shout and he flinches.

"I got held up in class then got stopped in the hallway by Gray. We heard the commotion and came rushing in here and I saw you fighting a guy and got pissed off." He explains

"What is all the ruckus?!" A man shouts and everyone freezes. "My office now!" He shouts and points to the three of us.

We all get up and walk to the principals office and along the way the guy glares at me and grumbles something making Natsu try to lunge at him but I held him back. He gives me a mean look then sighs and just holds me as we walk. We get to the office and explain everything to the principal and he sighs. He suspends the guy for two weeks and me and Natsu just get a phone call home.

"You didn't have to fight him but I'm glad you did. It shows me you care." I tell him as we leave to the nurses office.

"Of course I care! I just can't believe you we're holding your own against a guy." He says with amazement

"I know self defense. I just don't like to use it unless I need to. So now you know I am good on my threat." I giggle and he looks at me shocked and gulps. "I hope you've been good Natsu. I want us to stay together. It just feels so right." I sigh

"I have. It's been hard I'll admit but I've stopped myself from flirting. I now notice what I'm doing." He tells me honestly and I smile.

We walk into the nurses office and she gasps. We tell her the story and she looks at us wide eyed. We laugh and she shakes her head. She treats our wounds and lets us go right as the bell rings. Natsu walks me to my class and kisses me softly.