03

❝if you press me to say why i loved him, i can say no more than because he was he, and i was i.❞ -michel de montaigne

*

corbyn lays in his bed, debating whether or not he should get up. but that's when he remembers, he made plans with christina, gabbie and tate to talk about how it's going with daniel. not only that, but later on in the day zach and jack are coming over to his house to hang out and watch some movies. "great i have to third wheel again," he says under his breath.

he eventually gets up, and for a minute he thought that his mom was home, but he was wrong. his moms always at work because she is desperately trying to save money. yes, corbyn does have a supportive family; he gets along with each member as well. but him and his siblings don't live together, it's just him and his mom. although they do have enough money, and some extra may i add, they just want enough to enjoy life like normal. not having to worry about running out when they buy clothes or food, or even just the basic necessities for life.

the faux blonde gets ready for the day like normal, wearing a simple white shirt, an orange hoodie, black distressed jeans and his favourite white vans. after brushing his teeth he really couldn't be bothered doing his hair, so instead he just shoves a black black cap on his head to hide it.

he grabs his keys and his phone, walking into the kitchen and also grabbing a granola bar to eat on the way to christina's house. christina only lives four houses away from corbyn, so it only takes about three minutes to get there. he leaves his house, locking the door behind him before shoving his keys in his jeans back pocket. he opens his granola bar and begins to eat it as he makes his way to his friends house.

⋆*

"corbyn, hi. come in," christina smiles, hugging the boy quickly before stepping aside. "thanks chris," he chuckles stepping inside the house. "you know the rules," she says before running off upstairs and into her room. corbyn does know the rules: number one no shoes upstairs, number two no swearing, and number three no idiots. he's not really sure what the last one means, and every time he's wondered about it he's always just shrugged it off.

he takes his shoes off, kicking them by all the other shoes. as he walks upstairs he runs his hand along the stairs banister, looking at the pictures of christina and her family when they were young. "hi bean, sorry i didn't see you friday. i was with jonah," tate explains as corbyn enters the bedroom. she hugs her friend before sitting back down on christina's bed in the middle of the room. next up is gabbie, quickly hugging the blonde, again sitting back down next to tate.

"so, how's daniel?" christina giggles, wiggling her eyebrows as she looks at corbyn. he sits on the armchair in the corner of christina's room, letting out a breathy chuckle before replying. "it's going great, we played twenty questions yesterday and he admitted a big secret of his," he begins. "ooh what is it?" tate asks, shaking gabbie from the side. "tate stop, it tickles!" gabbie laughs, shoving tate's hands off of her shoulder. "i don't know if i should tell you," corbyn trails. he rubs the back of his neck, it's something that he does when he's nervous. "oh come on corbs, we won't tell anyone," christina pleads.

he takes in a breath, staring down at his lap as he fiddles with his fingers. a smile grows on his face as the confession daniel had made yesterday replays in his head. "your smiling, he's smiling. that means it's something good," gabbie says. "well yeah you could say that," corbyn mumbles as he looks up at his friends.

"please corbyn? pretty please?" tate begs, putting on a fake pout. "you know that pouts don't work on me, but i'm making an exception for you guys. basically because daniel obviously doesn't know it's me that he's texting, he kind of- admitted his feelings for me." the room goes silent for a few seconds, all three girls staring at the faux blonde with their mouths hanging agape. "o-m-g! corbyn, he admitted his feeling for you!" christina shouts, hopping up from her beanbag and jumping up and down. "shh, chris your so loud," he giggles. "she's excited, as are we but- did he really?" tate questions, a wide smile growing on her face.

"yes tate, he actually did."

⋆*

daniel kicks his shoes off by his front door, completely out of breath from running all the way home. "mom, i'm home!" he shouts. no reply. "anna?" he shouts again. still no reply. he try's one last time, "dad, i'm home!" but again, no reply. he just shrugs it off and walks upstairs into his room.

he takes his beanie off, chucking it somewhere on the floor. a light thud sound is heard, but still nothing else. the tall brunette walks over to his bed, sitting down and immediately taking out his phone.

daniel ♡:
good evening, mystery boy ;)

mystery boy:
evening daniel, hows you?

daniel ♡:
not to bad. went out with a few friends today and i'm super tired, but other then that i'm good. wbu?

mystery boy:
saw a few of my friends also, and now i'm with a couple others to watch a few movies at my house. i'm third wheeling though, which sucks ass.

daniel ♡:
i bet it does

mystery boy:
yeah, i'm glad you've texted me

daniel ♡:
i bet you are

mystery boy:
you are strange daniel

daniel ♡:
oUcH tHaT hUrT

mystery boy:
nothing wrong with being strange beautiful ;)

daniel ♡:
oUcH tHaT dIdN't HuRt

daniel ♡:
i now get why you called me strange...

mystery boy:
wait, just saying quickly. your recent post on insta is really fucking hot-

daniel ♡:
thankin youuu

mystery boy:
it's facts

daniel ♡:
what are facts? i'm stupid.

mystery boy:
you are not! you have like perfect grades!

daniel ♡:
i bet you do too

mystery boy:
almost all perfect, i'm terrible at two of my classes and they're both really annoying.

daniel ♡:
i can help you study if you tell me who you are

mystery boy:
nice try, but no. the only way your gonna know who i am is if you guess or on the fourteenth day.

daniel ♡:
it was worth a shot

mystery boy:
i'm not as dumb as i seem!

daniel ♡:
you don't seem dumb mystery boy, i just thought i could trick you.

mystery boy:
niceeee tryyyy daniellll

daniel ♡:
smh

[ A/N ]

hi, life's good atm. i literally just realised that instead of anna i put ashley, i'm so fucking dumb pahah.

-megan xo