28

༄ 𝟐𝟖 - 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"your grandparents lived an eventful life, but you know, i wouldn't have your dad if it weren't for grandpa's 'fourteen days' idea" evelyn, corbyn and daniel's daughter, speaks proudly, looking down at her two children.

"mom, why did you choose to tell us this now?" zoey asks with a smile, leaning her head on her brother's shoulder.

"because, zoey... you're growing up. you're fifteen and caleb is sixteen. it's about time you know about what they did and what they went through" evelyn explains softly, "and anyway, they'll be here any second now."

just as evelyn finishes her sentence there is a knock on the door.

"you wait here, i'll go and get it" she smiles, standing up and making her way over to the front door.

she opens it to be greeted by her smiling fathers, hugging them both before inviting them inside.

"how are you, sweetheart?" daniel asks, his and corbyn's hands still interlaced as they enter the living room.

"i'm good, how about you two?" evelyn replies cheerfully.

"we're great, honey" corbyn smiles, pecking her cheek.

"hi grandpa, hi grandad!" zoey exclaims, hugging them both before sitting back down besides caleb, who just smiles at the two as they sit down on the couch opposite them.

evelyn takes a seat besides her two dads, sighing happily.

"i told these two of the story that you told me when i was their age. i must say, it still warms my heart every time i hear it" she chuckles.

"you two are growing up all too quickly" daniel smiles, "i remember the day that you were born so well."

"grandpa, is it true that grandad used his so called 'fourteen days' method and it worked?" zoey asks curiously.

"well, i liked your grandad before he even started the fourteen days method, but yes, it definitely did work" daniel says, looking down at corbyn with a soft smile.

"and mom, did you do that with dad?" caleb questions.

"i did" she nods.

"it sounds so intriguing. like, i didn't think that something like that would actually work. it's almost like something out of a movie" zoey giggles as caleb wraps his arm around her shoulders.

corbyn chuckles, "it most definitely isn't out of a movie, maybe a book of some kind?"

"i get what you're saying, grandad. zoey's imagination is just somewhat wilder than an average person" caleb smiles.

"well i just thought it was like a movie because it worked out so perfectly, but then again, there was some downtimes that you had to work through. you had each other though, and you got through it" zoey says.

"you know, i think that we should tell you about how your mother grew up. it was very interesting, some ups and some downs like when me and grandad were growing up, but then you came along and everything went uphill from there. what do you think, my love? do you think we should tell them?" daniel asks, looking down at corbyn with a soft smile.

corbyn returns the smile, "i think we should."

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝.

-

wc: 513

thank you for all of the support that you have given me throughout this book, it means the world. i love you all. also, there will be a sequel <3

 also, there will be a sequel <3

. ₊˚.༄ 𝟏𝟒 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒.