Chapter Three

Word count: 932 words
(Jonathan's Point of View)

I was just reading another passage of, "The Neverending Story", until I suddenly felt someone touch my shoulders. I jumped, and the book I was reading leaped out of my hands, onto the ground.
"GAH!"
"WAKE UP YA BIG DORK!".
I then heard the sound of my sisters voice. Right when I was about to push her away, she began to shake me, roughly. After a while, she finally stopped. Everything around me was spinning; I could hardly make out anything in front of me. After a couple of seconds, I could see a bit better. I looked behind the tree, seeing Diana rolling around on the grass, wheezing uncontrollably.

HHHHAHA...YOU-...HAH, SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE!".
I rolled my eyes. I was a bit annoyed, being that I lost where I was in my book, and now I had to find it, again.
"Oh, grow up, will ya?"
She finally calmed down a bit, looked at me, and I soon found a smirk at the corner of her lips.
"Oh, come oooooooonnnnnnn, you're ssssmmmmmiiiiillllliiinnnggg".
That's when I first noticed I had a small smile on my face. I bit the inside of one of my cheeks to keep myself of laughing of embarrassment.
"I am...and I hate it".
Diana just continued to giggle. She seemed pretty satisfied with herself. I turned my head around a bit, catching something in the corner of my eye. I fully looked in front of myself, seeing a small ginger boy standing in front of me. Wait, isn't that the kid Diana wanted me to meet? From what she described, it seemed so. He seemed to be staring at me a bit. I found it a little strange, but I didn't mind. I smiled at him a little, and I stood up to greet him, leaving my book on the ground. I stood in front of him, holding out a hand for him to shake. I just said what pretty much anyone would say when greeting another person:
"Hello! I'm Jonathan! What's your name?". He began to look down towards the floor. His face was turning a shade of pink. Damn, he must be really shy. I just stood there, expecting some sort of response from him. From what I knew, he probably wasn't going to speak anytime soon.

It's been about a good 40 seconds, so I put my hand down. I decided to comfort him a little, being that his face was about as red as a rose by now. I decided to joke around a little to brighten the mood, just a little. I spoke in a bit of a softer tone. "A bit shy, aren't you?" I spoke. Still, he never replied. He just bit the tip of his lip, constantly.
"Well hey...could you at least shake my hand?". It seemed a bit harsh at first, but I was actually being quite gentle. I held out my hand once more. He tilted his head up a bit, just enough for me to see his chocolate-like brown eyes. He looked at my hand for a bit, and then looked up at me, soon looking back at my hand once again. Then, he began to hold his arm towards mine, and ever so softly, shook my hand. His skin was soft to the touch, and he was just so gentle...
He looked up at me, again soon looking back towards the ground.
..."My name's Sherwin".

I mentally gasped. His voice was so soft! I smiled at him, as we finally made eye contact. He had such beautiful eyes, and his freckles decorated his face, like stars in the night sky. He was fairly pale as well. He had a small smile on his face, and ever so slightly, he began to blush.
"What a cutie", I thought.
Wait a minute-
What did I just say??

"Good god, took you guys long enough".
I was a bit startled to see Diana standing fairly close to us. Well, I wasnt the only one. From what it seemed, Sherwin seemed to be a bit startled himself, too.
A bit annoyed, I replied, "Says the girl has been laughing on the ground for just about 10 minutes."
"Damn Jonathan, you don't have to start roasting me up."
Sherwin just stood there, a bit embarrased. "D-Diana...how long have y-you been standing there?", he asked. " Hmm...about the entire time", she replied. She began to grin. Looking back at Sherwin, he covered his eyes with his hands, his face completely red. Diana began to giggle. Diana looked at Jonathan, tapping his shoulder. "Alright, come on Jon, we gotta get home. We don't need mom pissing her pants today." I rolled my eyes, and looked back at Diana, nodding. Both Diana and Jonathan said their goodbyes to Sherwin, and began to walk away.

Jonathan seemed to be a bit confused with himself as he began walking home.
But no matter how much confusion he was having.
He had to admit...
Sherwin was pretty cute.

(Hhhhhhh im sorry if this sounds bad, this chapter was a bit rushed. It's 11 o'clock at night and I'm exhausted from working on all my crap from school. But hey, Thanksgiving Break starts tomorrow!!! Hopefully, I'll be able to have some extra time on my hands to continue writing this. And hOLY FRICC
IT'S BEEN LESS THAN 2 DAYS AND I ALMOST HAVE 20 READS.
JUST-
HOLY CRAP
YOU GUYS ARE FRICKIN ANGELS
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!)