Chasing Love (Optimus Prime TFP)

^^not my art^^
This is for PrimeWife27! I hope you, and all other readers enjoy!

Warnings: None
______________

A sigh escapes your dermas as you watch Optimus working beside Ratchet from your corner.
Your optics wander over his well built frame, and his colorful paintjob as you distractedly hold your small, human partner.

"Hey you ok Y/n?" The voice of the little femme snaps you back to your senses as you force yourself to focus your attention back to her.

"Of course Tasha. Why?" Slight curiosity peaks your interest as you look down at the dark-skinned organic, and you carefully lift her higher so she's at optic level.

"Well you seem a bit distracted. and you're looking over at Ratchet and the Prime a lot lately."

A slight blue hue rises to your faceplates as you realise how easily it had been for Tasha to see right through you.

"Everything is quite alright little one." You swivel to gently set her on the human hangout spot, and you lean against the wall beside it.

"Y/n, do you have feelings for one of them?" The little organic's question sends more heat to your faceplates as the energon rushes upwards.

"Perhaps I do."
Hearing the conversatiopn between you and Tasha, the other humans make their way over.

"Y/n likes grumpy bot? No way!" Miko's tiny voice seems to echo strongly throughout the base, and you quickly look over to see if any of the bots had noticed.
Fortunately for you, none of them had, other than maybe the newest rookie Smokescreen.

"I don't think it's Ratchet she likes Miko." With a smirk, the eldest male looks over to Optimus.
"You like Optimus don't you?"

Miko's eyes widen as a worrying sound bubbles past her tiny dermas, and a squeal breaks free from her just as Bulkhead trips over one of Ratchet's toolboxes, causing a wrench to be thrown in his direction.
Thankfully, the commotion masks Miko's strange noises, and you lean down slightly to get to the organic's level.

"Do not speak of this please."
Your audial fins pick up movement directly behind you as you speak, and dread washes over you as you swivel around.
Only to see the rookie.

"Smokescreen. How can I be of assistance? You force a calm voice as you hold his gaze.

"You like boss bot?" Fear flows through you, and you force a laugh.

"Of course not."

He narrows his optics, and glances over to where Optimus and Ratchet stand.
"Ok then. But if you were to like him, I suggest you tell him. We are in the middle of a war after all, who knows what might happen."
With that being said, the surprisingly wise rookie walks back over to Bumblebee to challenge him to a race.

"He has a point Y/n. We are in the middle of a war. You should tell him now before it's too late." Rafael speaks up and you sigh as your gaze returns to your leaders back.

"I can't." You avoid the gazes of the tiny humans as you look down again.

" Why not? Nothing is stopping you." Jack's words do nothing to help as you think of all the reasons why not.

"Because he is my leader, and I am nothing more than a soldier.  Because it would be a distraction and might cost a life. Because he does not have the time to worry about a sparkmate." With those words having been said out loud, ypu dwivel on your pedes and transform to your alt mode to shoot down the tunnel out of the base.

Ignoring the confused calls from your team mates, you exit the base, and swerve onto the road.
Away from the base, and away from him.

Optimus's POV
"Well what are you waiting for? Go after her boss bot!"
Smokescreen eagerly bounces over to where Optimus and Ratchet stand by the control panels.

"Why him? He has more important work to do here than go for a drive with Y/n." Arcee questions Smokescreen with a confused face, and the rookie allows a groan tobleave his dermas as he helps Jack up onto his shoulder.

"She likes you Optimus. And we think she's upset." Jack's voice is stronger now that he's up to the height of the autobots.

"Like? Like like?" Arcee's expression morphs into one of pure happiness as she realises what Jack means.

She likes me back?

"Optimus go after her!" Bulkhead is laughing in glee as Optimus transforms into his alt mode and quickly heads into the tunnel out.

:Y/n?
He attempts to comm you, but you have your comm shut off, so he does the next best thing.

:Ratchet, send me Y/n's coordinates.

A quiet ding in his processor lets him know that the information has been sent, and Optimus changes his course on the road to follow the little red dot on the map.
.
.
.

Y/n's POV
You swerve off of the road, heading towards a lake that you had found while on a patrol with the Prime himself, and you tiredly sit on the ground, your pedes next to the water.

"Y/n?" A deep voice rings out behind you, and you barely turn your head as you realise that it's Optimus.

"Hey."

The Prime slowly moves to sit beside you, a few meters away, and you wait for his explanation of why he followed you.

Maybe he likes me too?!

"Why did you leave?"
His voice is curious as he looks over at you, and a blue blush tints your faceplates.

"I have my reasons Optimus. Besides, why did you follow-"

"-because I care deeply for you too." He interrupts your question with his statement, and you feel as if your spark had stopped working. Warmth and something else spreads through you at his confession, and you feel a smile stretch your dermas.

With a happy laugh, you lunge sideways to wrap your arms around his neck to hug him, and his hands instinctively move to your side plating.

Unseen to you. His own dermas are stretched in a wide smile as he rests his faceplates against your shoulderplate.

"Y/n will you make me the happiest Cybertronian online by becoming my sparkmate?"

___________
Sorry for the lateness, and I hope you enjoyed it!

Word count- 1061
Up next- Warrior (Megatron TFP)