Fairy Tail (Totally Normal Christmas Celebration)

My first Christmas at Fairy Tail. A day to remember.

People all over the guild were getting ready. Team Natsu was helping decorate the tree, Cana was helping empty the booze supply, even Bisca and her family were getting ready for a special day at home. It made me happy to see so many people finally getting along, no fighting involved. Everyone was having a different type of fun, and that was completely fine by me.

I was going to spend my Christmas with my siblings because the snow got so bad we couldn't fly out to spend it with the rest of our family. We were bummed, of course - who wouldn't be - but Fairy Tail is just as much a family as our... real family. (Now that I say it, it sounds kind of stupid. Anyway...)

I'm not really one for this type of stuff, but I helped decorate around the guild. So many people were coming around to marvel over the Fairy Tail decorations, and I thought maybe I'd contribute just a little. If I was going to be stuck in Magnolia, then I was going to celebrate Magnolia-style.

There was a little commotion getting decorations done, but eventually I let someone else take over. Instead, I left to help Kinana in the back with baking duty. We made sugar cookies - tons of them - for the people of Magnolia. Usually I wouldn't have helped her, but my heart was full of Christmas cheer... and she helped me cook for a feast later that same day, so technically I was just being cheap. But regardless, I was helping her make and hand out fresh-baked cookies.

Right before everyone began leaving the guild, I got into a little... situation. Natsu invited me over to Lucy's for a small gathering between friends, but I decided to politely deny. I mean, knowing who was gonna be there was a contributing factor. They sure know how to party, and goodness knows I do not enjoy their type of fun. So Natsu lingered in the guild for a little while, deciding to cause mischief before he left for good.

At first, I didn't think too much of it. All he really did to start was invite some Sabertooth members over to celebrate with us. When Yukino and the twins came through the guild doors (with their Exceeds, of course), I found that I was actually quite fond of their company. Yukino and I chatted with Lucy joining in from time to time, and I practically strangled Frosch every time Rogue walked by with them. I was surprised that the guild was capable of being so normal.

I must've been surprised for good reason. The second I started believing my time at the guild was gonna end up to be tame, Natsu scooped up my arms and dragged me over to a confused Rogue. Before we knew it, Happy was holding a fake and probably homemade mistletoe over our heads.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I didn't want to kiss Rogue, because of all the people in the world I could possibly have under the mistletoe, I definitely wouldn't have asked for anyone else. But did it have to be right in the middle of a totally normal Christmas celebration?

It started out awkward, both of us denying that we'd kiss each other, but then Sting basically forced us into it when he pulled us both closer together and told Rogue to man up. That was the moment I realized that the celebration hadn't been normal at all, not until this point in time. Fairy Tail normal is different than any other type of normal, and I just had to accept it.

And I was about to accept it in the best way possible.

Rogue put his hand on my cheek, people began crowding around us, and our lips were mere centimeters apart when WE ALMOST DIED.

A huge magic attack was shot right through the crowd, separating Rogue and I as we both jumped back by instinct. I would have recognized that magic style from anywhere. As the people around us parted so we could see who nearly murdered us, I heaved a huge sigh of annoyance. It was my older brother, standing across the guild, fuming magic energy with anger. I had to admit, his timing and aim was perfect, but he just had to be a cock blocker, didn't he?

To retaliate, I grabbed Rogue's collar and pulled him into a kiss even after Happy lowered the mistletoe in defeat. Jūzō was, to say the least, extremely furious at me for doing so (and even more so at Rogue for allowing me to). He scolded me all throughout our Christmas dinner while our younger sister laughed about it.

But it was all good in the end, because it just brought everyone closer together.

Happy Holidays, everyone~! ^~^