Claude x Reader

Your P.O.V.

"You worthless piece of sh*t!" Alois, your master, yelled before attempting to poke a fork into your eye. You flinched, waiting for the impact, but it never came.

You opened your eyes, and saw Claude in front of you, gripping Alois's wrist. "Your highness, maybe this is a bit much?" Claude said, in his usual monotone voice, though it seemed different somehow; there was a glimmer, a spark of... kindness? Gentleness? Care? You couldn't put your finger on it, but it was definitely there, announcing its presence. But you weren't the only one who noticed it.

"Claude? Do you... love her more than me?!" Alois cried, falling onto his knees and grabbing Claude's legs. You felt terrible; no matter how much you hated him, he was still a child, and he'd been through so much.

"Master, please give me whatever punishment you see fit, if it'll help you feel better." You said quietly, looking down, tears threatening to spill. Claude gasped. "Master, do whatever you please. But I beg of you, please don't hurt Y/N." He said, wrapping his arm around you protectively. You tensed up at his touch; the butler was cold to everyone, but always spoke softly to you. You slowly got used to it, and soon warmed up to him.

"Will- will it make YOU happy, Claude? Will you love me if I let you keep her?" Alois asked, happy again. You could've sworn Claude's eyes turned pink, just for a moment.

"Of course, your highness." Claude said, his tone bitter again, clearly lying.

"Then, just GO ALREADY!! I'm already sick of her presence!" Alois yelled at us. You felt Claude's gloved hand reach for yours, and you gladly took it. He led you out of the room, and suddenly stopped when you reached the
servants' quarters. You accidentally bumped into him, and fell on the floor.

Your cheeks burned red, and you hid your face. You saw Claude sit next to you, and he brushed your hands away from your face. "Don't hide that beautiful face from me, Y/N." He said, bringing his face closer to yours. You slowly closed the gap between you, blushing even more than before. "I- I love you, Claude." You said, turning away to hide your face again. He gently moved your head towards him, looking you in the eyes. "I love you too, Y/N."

A/N: Hello people, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if Claude is OOC here, I wasn't really sure how to make a seemingly emotionless character like Claude experience love, so let's just say he was smitten with you or something, IDK... Anyways, farewell, you awesome weeaboos!
~Author-Chan