Saving my A*s

I woke up today, probably with the biggest smile on my face. That date with Maia.... FANTASTIC!

I hopped out of bed, brushed my teeth, and decided to go exercise on the treadmill and watch the morning news like I always did.

Running shirtless with only my Hollister sweats and my Nikes, I started the treadmill and turned on the tv. I switched to Entertainment News, and continued jogging, until something popped up and I almost fell off.

There on the screen, were pictures of Maia and I kissing. But how could that be? I didn't see any paparazzi near us or anywhere visible last night. Fuck, they must have been under cover.

"Oh shit, if Laura sees this..." and just then I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

I looked over and grabbed it to see the person's name who I wanted to least to see on the caller ID.... Laura.

I started to panick, but I had to lay low if I wanted to play it cool and assure her that I didn't cheat on her in any way. Which I did but...

I hesitantly picked up the phone but said, "Hey babe, whats up?'

There was silence on the other side of the line, but finally she sighed and spoke up. "Don't babe me. I know what you did."

Shit, shit, shit. What was I supposed to do? I didn't want to loose Laura, but I wanted Maia at the same time. Is that so wrong?

"What did I do? Is it really a crime just to be thinking about you?" I said. Nice save, Ross.

"Don't think I'm an idiot, Ross. I saw the news if you haven't. Why don't you turn it on now and see for yourself?" she hissed.

Think Ross Think. She doesn't know that you've already seen the news, so just make up something good.

I did the best concerned tone I could do, "Actually, I just woke up. Why, what happened? Is everything alright?"

"No Ross. Everything isnt alright." Laura growled. Woah, I've never seen her with this kinda of attitude before.

"Okay.. I confess.. I was with Maia yesterday."

"...I knew it..."

"But.. It was for a good reason."

"... Okay, let's hear it then." She said with a mixture of nervousness and anger in her tone.

"It.. It was for Teen Beach Movie 2!", I said while biting my tongue.

There was silence on the other line for a few seconds, until she screamed with excitement, almost bursting my eardrums.

"What? You guys are filming a sequel?! THATS FLIPPING AWESOME!!!"

I was so lost. First she's freakin pissed at me, now shes excited? What is up with this girl?

"Thanks," I chuckled. "Sorry i didnt tell you about it earlier. We've just been so into getting back in track with our characters Brady and Mack."

"That's understandable," Laur said on the other side of the line "I'm sorry I became suspicious of you and Maia... again."

I got off the treadmill, wrapping a towl around my neck from the back and headed upstairs from the basement to go and take a shower on the second floor of the house. Laura was still on the line.

"Soo... Did you have fun on our date the day before?"

I went silent thinking about the night before. Did I have fun? I wasn't even really sure..

"Ross?" She said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"hmm? Oh, yeah. It was.. Something."

I think I heard her starting to choke on her tears. Oh, no.. Not the waterworks!
"Listen, Laur. I have to take a shower and get ready for.. um a R5 soundcheck in an hour. I'll talk to you later? Okay, Byeee Babe!" I quickly ended the call before she had the change to retaliate.

Ugh. The things we do to save our asses from females.