Operation Get out of the Maranos

Chapter 4:

I woke up by the sunlight shining through the pink curtains. Then I remembered that I wasn't in my room, but in Laura's. I turned to look at the sleeping little girl beside me. She was snoring slightly, but I had a slight smile on her face. I picked up my phone from the nightstand, and checked the time. 10:22. Ugh, how was I gonna get out of the house without Vanessa and Laura's parents seeing me? I also noticed that I had received a good 50 text messages and 60 missed calls. A lot were from Riker and Rydel. Then from Ryland, Rocky; (Of course my siblings would text me.) Ratliff, a few from my friends and.... Maia.

        I immediately opened Maia's text which said: Noon. Dont Forget ;)

I then checked Riker's which a few were: -Dude, where the hell are you? -Call me back bro, I'm worried about you  -Hope you didn't get too wasted last night -__-

        Rydel's went a little something like: -ROSS SHOR LYNCH WHERE HAVE U BEEN? -DO U KNOW HOW MUCH I AM FREAKING OUT?!?!? -MOM & DAD WILL EVENTUALLY FIND OUT AND WILL MURDER YOU!!! -ROSS PLZ DNT SCARE ME LIKE THIS -I CALLED LAURA TOO. WHY ISNT SHE PICKING UP???? -I SWEAR IM GONNA CALL THE POLICE IF U DNT RESPND IN THE NXT 24 HRS  -SCRATCH THAT MAKE THAT IN THE NXT 2 HRS!!! DX

        I kinda chuckeled at Rocky's text which said: Yo dude. I had to cover up for you to mom n dad. I told them you were having a boys only sleepover at Trevor's. The fam is seriously freakin out about you not responding back. Especially Del haha. You owe me by the way.

        Ryland and Rat didn't even seem to care if I was gone or not cause all they wrote was: Hey Ro. Whats up? 

Man my family loves me so much. What would I ever do without them? As I was still lying down on the bed, checking through my cell and thinking of ways to get out of the house, Vanessa came into the room. 

"Ross! What are you still doing here? I thought you'd be outta here by now!" she scowled. 

"Hey, what am I supposed to do? There's no way to get out without your parents seeing."

Just then, Laura woke up with a groan. She sat up, clutching her head, letting the sheets pool down to her waist. "Ugh, what happened? Why do I have such a bad headache?"

I chuckled, "It's called a hangover, babe. Something you're experiencing for the first time."

Laura looked shocked to see me, then over to her sister, then back to me. "Ross! What are you doing here in my room!? Scratch that, what are you doing in my bed?"

Vanessa sat down on the bed besides her and tried calming her down. "Now sis, Ross helped you home after you got a little... you know... drunk from the club he took you to last night. Which was the most stupidest and reckless idea he could have ever done! Anyways, it was late and I didnt want him getting hurt, so I told him to stay the night."

"That was nice of you Ness. But don't blame Ross for taking me to the nightclub. I told him I wanted to go. It was my fault. I just learned that I can't handle alcohol, and I'm pretty sure I wont be consuming it again, anytime soon." She looked over to me, and placed her hand over mine. "And thank you Ross for helping me home. I'm sorry if I got jealous seeing you and Maia talking. That was stupid of me to get insecure like that."

Oh shit, Maia! I forgot! We had a date within two hours, and I still needed to get out of the Marano house. 

"That's okay Laur. I would love to stay, but I really gotta head home now. My family is worried as hell about me. Got any ideas how I can get out of here?"

"There's a staircase just down the hallway on the left. It will lead you to the back of the foyer *picture on the side*, and out the door, to the pool/patio in the backyard. From there you can go straight out the gate, to the driveway, and into you're precious car and zoom on outta here," Vanessa explained. 

I quickly jumped out of the bed, changing back into my clothes from yesterday, grabbing my phone, keys and wallet. "Thanks guys. I owe you." As I was just about to walk out of Laura's room, I felt someone grab my wrist, then a peck on the cheek. I smiled down at Laura, then left. Vanessa came with me just in case, so she could back me up if anything went wrong. We both went down the stairs, and finally reached the foyer. Suddenly, we heard a voice. It sounded like Mrs. Marano. Vanessa gave me a signal to hurry up and leave, while she would go distract her mom. I jolted out the Marano house as quickly as possible, finding my way to my car. I realized I also had a date in less than an hour, so I had to go back home to pick up my stuff and to assure my fam I was okay. God, why do I always get myself in these messes/situations?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:  Ross was able to leave Laura's house without getting in trouble! Yay! But Maia's and his date is yet to come! Keep on reading to find out how their date goes! 

xoxo ~Esha V