9

The first thing Jacob notices was his massive collection of books. He has the whole collection of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones and the Shadow Hunters.

His house was a little bigger than Jacob's and has a few stairs that led to a lower platform where the tv and the couch is at. There were two rooms, possibly one for Troye and one for his roommate and there was a dining table with a few chairs and a small kitchen counter beside it.

The first thing Jacob went to was his bookcase. Oh how he loved books. He was so glad Troye was a bookworm too.

"Do you uhm want to come to my room?" said Troye, a bit nervously. Jacob nodded and followed Troye to his room.

His room was dark blue everywhere, with a bedside table next to the bed and a candle on it. There was also a string of fairy lights around the headboard. Troye turned on the fairy lights which made the room cozy and warm.

They sat on the bed together, neither saying anything as Jacob was still checking out every detail in Troye's room.

"Do you want to play 20 questions?" Troye suddenly asked.

Jacob nodded. "Did you like my friends?" he asked.

Troye nodded shyly and averted his gaze to his feet. "They were so nice," he murmured. "Nicer than, well... mine."

He said the last part so softly Jacob thought he heard it wrong.

"Your.. friends?" Jacob asked quietly.

"Well there's Kayla and she's my best best friend. We used to do everything together. But then she moved to California," Troye said. "And um.. there's this guy...." Troye said, biting his lip and fiddling his fingers. "Um well he's... he's not so nice to me." Troye said and blushed, his eyes glossy.

Jacob slowly put his arm around Troye. "I'm so sorry, Troye..." he murmured, because he was not sure what he can do to comfort Troye.

Troye shrugged sadly.

Jacob was dying to ask what happened but he was scared it would break him even more so Jacob shut his mouth.

"Well, it's your turn," Jacob said, just to avoid this topic.

"Oh okay um... What's your favorite book?"

Jacob smiled. "Call me by your name. Hands down the best book ever."

Troye returned the smile. "Yeah I really like that one too."

"My turn. Hmm... What do you like about me?" Jacob's question slipped out of him before his brain could process it. Jacob's eyes went wide but decided to go with it anyway.

Troye chuckled, and lifted his head from Jacob's shoulder. "Everything..." Troye whispered dreamily.

And Troye was looking straight into Jacob's eyes, his eyes full of affection. They kept on staring like that for a while, both breathing a bit raggedly when finally Troye's face grew really red and looked away.

Jacob also looked away and onto the ground.

Had Troye really meant that?

He was feeling really giddy for himself. But then with a pang he realized he hadn't answered Troye, that at his most vulnerable moment he hadn't given him certainty.

He looked over to see Troye biting his lip, his face extremely red.

Jacob gently placed a small kiss on his cheek. The kiss could mean anything. It could at the same time mean I'm thankful to have you in my life or you're one of my bestest friend or most importantly I like you too Troye, very very much. Mostly likely more than you do, and I also like everything about you.

Troye blushed even harder after the small kiss and continued to fiddle with his fingers. But Jacob sneakily slithered his hand to Troye's hand and gently, oh so gently brought it to his mouth and kissed it. He'd done it before and he'd done it now, but he'd do anything to kiss it again and again every day.

Troye blushed and broke out a little grin and laid his head back to Jacob's shoulder, just cuz Troye doesn't want Jacob to see how red his face was.

They spent the whole night sitting there, absorbed in their own thoughts.

Heyyy how do you guys like the story so far? Please vote and comment and thank you for reading my book!!