Picking up Clary

"So let me getcha in yer birthday suit.." jace was singing along to Katy Perry's 'birthday song' in the car. He was on his was to Clarys house to pick her up for their date. It was their 3 year anniversary, so jace wanted to do something special. They were going to see a concert in the park and bring a picnic with them.

Just as the song ended, jace pulled his Camarillo up to Clarys house and parked in the driveway. He was wearing a gray tshirt with a black and purple flannel shirt over it, jeans, and vans. He had a pair of sunglasses dangling on the collar of his shirt and his hair . . . was amazing as usual.

Jace turned off the car, checked his reflection in the mirror, and opened the door to step out. Once he was out of the car, he slipped his hand into his right pocket and clutched onto the small box he spent thousands on. Suddenly he felt a pang of nervousness, and was very surprised considering he didn't usually get nervous. He was always the overly confident one with the humongous ego.

He took a deep breath and took his hand out of his pocket, and walked towards Clarys door.

He rang the doorbell. And after a few seconds Luke opened the door with a smile. "Hey, jace. Love the flannel. My style is really rubbing off on you isn't it?"

"Hi Luke." Jace was beginning to feel nervous again and couldn't think of anything else to say but "is clary ready?"

"Almost. Why don't you come on in." Said luke.

Jace stepped inside and took a seat on the couch.

"So, you two are going to see a concert in the park huh? Who's playing?"

"Oh, umm, yeah . . .i can't recall their name right now but I know it's a country band." Jace said, astonished at his loss for words. Wow, clary was the only person in the world who could do this to him. He'd never been nervous, confused, or had any real emotions about a girl until he met clary. He knew, deep down, that she was the one.

"Oh. Great." Even luke seemed akward and surprised at his loss for words.

Jace didn't know what else to do so he just awkwardly smiled his goofy grin, showing his one and only flaw: the chip in his tooth.

Jace was relieved to hear footsteps coming down the stairs.