prologue

a/n: It's been awhile since I last read 'The Outsiders'. I don't own anything except Johnny's sister. Everything else is owned by S.E Hinton. Thanks for reading!

She pushed the front door open, closing it as quietly as possible. She could hear screaming in the kitchen, she would avoid it for now. She wanted to find Johnny. She just got out of school.

She called his name in the hallway. "Johnny?" She turned his doorknob, walking inside his room. He was turned over in bed, asleep. It looked like he rarely slept. "Johnny? I wanted to ask ya something."

"What?" He mumbled, his words getting muffled by his sheet.

"I met someone interestin' today. Said his name was Two-Bit Mathews. He sounded real familiar. I was coming to ask if you knew him. He offered to take me out."

"You are not hanging out with Two-Bit. He's apart of my gang, and he doesn't have any sense. You could do better than that, and I know it. He's going into junior year again, I think. I'd have to ask."

"Johnny! It's not your decision, it's mine. If I want to hang out with him, I can. He asked me, not you. He kept crackin' jokes in study hall, you should've heard his laugh. The teacher kept getting onto him. I was afraid he was going to get kicked out. Small world."

Johnny rubbed his eyes. "Watch out for him. If he messes with you, tell me. Two-Bit isn't the smartest, I love him to death, but he once pulled a girl's skirt up and he got slapped across the face. He kept laughing. Make sure he treats you right, I'll talk to him if he doesn't. What time are you going out with him?"

"6 o'clock."

"If things get bad with the socs, I'll be around with Dally and Ponyboy. We'll be at the movies. Don't make 'em mad."

-

Two-Bit took her around the town, they stopped at the movies. She really hoped Johnny wasn't here to embarrass her.

They got under the fence, he allowed her to get under first. "I think a couple of my buddies are here, do you mind?"

"I dig."

5 minutes of the two walking around, trying to pinpoint Ponyboy, Dally and Johnny. When he finally found them, he came behind Johnny and scared him to death.

"Two-Bit!" Ponyboy exclaimed, looking behind him. "Is that your date behind you? She looks embarrassed."

"Hi, Johnny." She waved to her brother, he smiled offering her a sip of his drink. "He's my brother."

another a/n: i hope you like the first chapter. i haven't given her a name yet. any suggestions, feel free to put them in the comments.
thanks for reading. :)