chapter one

a/n: i hope you like this chapter. im also going to try a different way to outline this chapter.

"he's your brother?" Dallas Winston asked, looking her up and down.

"Indeed he is, I'm his kid sister. Has he not talked about me a lot? I talk about him all the time."

The boys took her under their wing, well, sorta. Johnny protested to bring me back home. No way in hell I was going back there by myself. Mama would've beat the hell out of me if I came back without Johnny with me. They took it easier on me, only reason why is because I'm a girl.

She hated seeing Johnny get beat on, the kid didn't deserve it. We didn't deserve it, I don't know why they hated us so much. We didn't ask to be born. We didn't know we would be the cause of their emptiness and sadness.

-

When we finally left the theater, I was between Ponyboy and Two-Bit. Johnny was beside us, trying to stay in the conversation.

A Mustang pulled up beside us, and I noticed Johnny's hand near his back pocket. I knew he had a switch on him, he kept it there after he got jumped. I remember when he came home, he was crying up a storm. I tried to make him feel better.

"I noticed you with our girls!"

One of 'em screamed. I saw him around school a lot.

Bob something.

He was drunk to high heaven. I stepped back, ignoring their stares. It was annoying. I couldn't defend myself, I didn't have a blade on me.

Eventually they left us alone. Two-Bit walked us home after dropping Ponyboy off. Well, after walking him home.

"Let's go," I motioned for Johnny to follow me. "Bye, Two-Bit. See ya on Monday if you're there."

Johnny walked in after she did. She was glad about one thing. Her room was next to his, anytime she had a problem, she could always count on him to be there. Unless he was with the 'gang'. Most of the time he was gone, but he would always be back before midnight.

"I might go to the lot or the playground for a bit. If they ask about me, will you cover for me? Don't let 'em knock you down or hurt you. I don't care if they throw me around, you don't deserve it."

"Neither do you! You get slapped around day in and day out. When is that okay? When they finally kill you? I don't want to be here without you, Johnny. But fine, if mom asks about you, I'll cover for ya. Stay safe. Don't get in trouble."

-

When she woke in the morning, Johnny was nowhere to be seen. She left the house, pulling over a jacket to cover her T-shirt.

When she went to the Curtis household, he wasn't there. Neither was Ponyboy.

"Have you seen Johnny? He told me he would be back before late. He wasn't at home. Have you seen him?"

If she could remember correctly, Ponyboy said his brothers' names were: Sodapop and Darrel but people called him 'Darry'.

They shook their heads no. "Haven't seen Ponyboy either. I-I didn't do good, I slapped him. He ran off."

What did Johnny do..?

a/n: ooh, heck. i hoped you like this chapter. i still haven't thought of a name for her. please help.