Change

I grimaced as another wand exploded in my hand. This was getting ridiculous.

"Is it really necessary?" Edward asked, getting the first aid box.

"I'm defenceless without a wand. It's either experimenting with wand making or flying to Europe to get one, which I'm not comfortable doing when I am defenceless." I told him.

"You are not defenceless." he said, looking intently at him.

"After everything I've told you about my adventures, do you really think that I'll be happy being a damsel in distress, while you protect me? Besides, you already know wizards have defences against vampires."

He just sighed. "Very Well. Since, you've exhausted your supply of Unicorn hair, what are going to use next?"

"My blood. Blood wands are illegal in Britain, but I doubt anybody in the US cares." I noticed his slightly panicked expression, and added, "Don't worry, I'll do it after you go."

"No." he said, taking a deep breath. "I need to get over this. I cannot be any help to you against Voldemort if I go berserk at the smell of your blood."

"I'm not expecting you to help me against Voldemort, Edward. It's not your fight and we're not exactly what you'd call steady...."

"Do you want us to be?" he interrupted me.

"It's not that simple. I like you and care about you a lot, but we aren't even the same species and then there's the fact that my kind have been responsible for near extinction of yours. That's not even counting the immortality factor."

He looked at me for a long time before saying, "You're right." Which somehow gave me warning bells.

"You know, I tried to find what happened to wizards or witches who get bitten by vampires."

He looked at me sharply. "That's not happening to you. Ever."

"I know. You've already made your views clear on the subject. I was just curious and turns out there are no magical vampires. Our blood is more magical than the venom and it prevents the venom from changing our cells."

"I see." he looked relieved.

I hesitated to say anything further. "I've been going through some formulas and I think..."

"Yes?" he asked, warily.

"I think the process can be reciprocated. To turn you back human, the way you were before the change."

"Flora, please tell me this is not a joke."

"It isn't, I promise. It's only theoretical and would require a lot of magic, more than I'm capable of channeling, the process is converting you from a muggle to a magical. You have already absorbed so much, from after your fight with James, that I think it would be possible for you, if you are up for it. " I babbled.

"I have to talk to my family." Edward said, before promptly vanishing.

I sighed and began drawing blood about for the wand core.

The next day at school, Edward was missing and the rest of his family wasn't sure if they hated me for giving Edward a chance to be human again or were grateful to me for giving Edward and chance to be human again.

I thought that it would be best to avoid them for a while. It definitely wasn't an easy time for them.

I busied myself in my studies and proceeded to give my extra tests for early graduation. I was confident I had passed.

Edward didn't show till after graduation day.

"Flora." he called out, as I entered my room.

"Edward. How are you?" I skipped admonishing him for entering my room without permission. Today was definitely a special occasion.

"I'm all right. Congratulations, for graduating." he said, giving me a small smile. "I am sorry for being absent all these days. I hope you can forgive me."

"You're forgiven. I'm understand why you were gone. I had dropped quite a bomb on you, hadn't I?"

"Are you still amenable for doing it?" he asked.

"Yes, of course. We can do it today. It's full moon, so channeling magic would be easier. If you're fine with it. We can wait, if you're not."

"I think I am ready." He answered.

"All right, then. I'll seal the room. I have to warn you though, this'll hurt. A lot."

He nodded.

I made him lie down on the bed and cast a strong petrificus totalus on him. After that it was simply the process of channeling magic, which I proceeded to do while holding his hand. He couldn't move his facial muscles, but it was evident from his eyes that he was in agony.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I kept murmuring. Slowly, I noticed that the skin of his hand was no longer as hard as it was. It was working.

It was after hours, when the color of his eyes changed from golden to green, that I was confident that the process was done. I cast the spell to locate vampires and it came negative. Elated, I removed the petrification spell from Edward and promptly fainted due to magical exhaustion.