End

All the students under seventeen were being evacuated, order members had been informed and they were slowly trickling in. Mad Eye Moody was making battle plans against death eaters and Professor McGonagall was activating Hogwarts defenses.

I was going to set up ballista on the Astronomy tower for those who couldn't fight directly, when I was grabbed by someone and shoved into a classroom. It turned out to be my old potions professor.

"Vincey."

"Snape."

"Not going to attack me?"

"Not unless you do. Why are you here?"

"The Dark Lord is guarding his snake." he began. "Dumbledore told me to inform Potter of something when that happens. I didn't expect it happen within one week of his death."

"What are you supposed to inform Harry of?"

"That he has a piece of the Dark Lord's soul inside of him. He needs to die in order for the Dark Lord to die." he said, before vanishing in black smoke.

Realisation hit me like a truck. Parsletongue, the visions...... they all made sense now. Harry was one of Voldemort's horcruxes, an unintentional one, if I had to guess.

If grandad had thought that I'd allow Harry to die just to get rid of Voldemort, he thought wrong. This was certainly a difficult situation, but Florance Vincey was nothing if not resourceful.

I entered the Room of Requirement to find Harry pacing, and Hermione and Ron teaching Edward some useful combat spells (I wondered what excuse he gave about not already knowing them.)

I approached Harry and asked him, "Do you trust me?"

"Completely." he said, without hesitating. I was touched by his reply.

"I'm going to ask you to do something crazy, but it's important." he nodded. "When the attack starts, Voldemort will be sending his minions first, death eaters, ware wolves and dementors. I want you to come with me and let a dementor suck your soul."

His eyes widened and then narrowed in realisation. "I'm a horcrux, then."
He correctly guessed.

"Yes. I am not going to let you die, though, no matter what. Just trust me, all right?"

He nodded, looking determined. That was when the proximity alarms around the gate sounded. The attack had begun.

I grabbed Harry and rushed to find an isolated dementor. We found one about to desoul Bill Weasely, before it sensed Harry and turned its attention to us.

Harry willed himself not to produce his patronus and collapsed as the dementor sucked out a soul. It was a horrific sight, but I was right. With a quick spell, I was able to confirm that harry still had his soul. I put my wand inside the dementor's mouth and said, "Expecto Patronum." A silver phoenix burst out of my wand and tore the dementor into thousands of pieces. I carried Harry towards a safe place, and shoved a pepper up potion down his throat. He woke and sat up, as I handed him some chocolate.

"It's gone." he said, as if in awe.

"It is." I replied. "How are you feeling?"

"Lighter than ever. As if a great burden is gone."

"Good. That's good. Are you ready to join the fight?"

"Yes." he said. "There's still Nagini and Voldemort to take care of."

"There are a lot more people to take care of than that." I muttered as we ran to rejoin the battle.

I saw Nagini out of the corner of my eye and was going to take care of her, as Edward quickly stabbed her with his basilisk fang. Voldemort's cry of anguish was heard across the grounds.

Edward was looking at me with a triumphant smile when a curse hit him in the back and he collapsed, to reveal Bellatrix as the caster.

"Isn't that your boyfriend from the states, little Flora? Going steady?" she taunted.

I was hardly aware of the battle going on around me as I charged at Bellatrix with barely restrained fury. She was very good at dueling, but I was better. In ten minutes, she was really on the ground, dead.

I looked around to see that the fight had ended. The death eaters were fleeing and Voldemort was lying dead several feet in front of Harry.

I ran towards Edward, fearing the worst. I knelt by his side and felt his pulse, which was present. I sighed in relief. A quick diagnostic charm revealed that he was only stunned. I quickly rennervated him, and kissed him full on the lips, as he woke up.

"You are never doing that to me, again." I mumbled against his lips, moving my hands through his hair.

"I promise." He replied, before deepening the kiss.

We were interrupted by a cough and I broke away from him gasping for air, turning my head to see Harry, Hermione and Ron standing near us. Harry was looking at Edward with his eyes narrowed.

"If you ever hurt her...." he began.

"I won't." Edward interrupted. "If I do, I'll deserve what you'll do to me."

"That you will." Harry replied, before offering Edward his hand, which he shook.

"Do need to threaten Ginny, then?" I teased.

Harry blushed. "You don't have to worry about that."

I laughed at that, joined quickly by the others. Soon we were giggling uncontrollably in post battle bliss.

All was well.