Chapter Fifteen ~ White and Red Roses

It was already mid afternoon by the time the sun peeked enough through the clouds to shine through the curtains and onto the sleeping lovers.

Damien continued to sleep, not bothered by the sunlight in his eyes.

Wilford stirred, noticing the intrusion and peeking his eyes open. He looked curiously out the window and at his surroundings, and once he recognized Damien's room, he looked down at the man sleeping against his chest.

Damien was snoring softly, cuddled up to Wilford. There was a hint of a smile on his face.

The older of the two smiled down at his lover before he gasped softly, remembering what he had been planning for days.

He slowly moved away from Damien, doing his best not to wake him as he wanted to surprise him. Damien stirred a little but went back to sleep, cuddling a pillow.

Wilford grinned before he grabbed his clothes and ran out of the room, almost falling down the stairs in excitement as he tried to pull his pants on while descending.

The excitable pink man ran out of the house, barely managing to get his clothes on before he was out the door. In his confusion he had grabbed Damien's shirt, but, it didn't much matter to him as they were roughly the same size, Damien being slightly smaller.

It was pure luck that Wilford even managed to remember his own wallet.

Wilford returned an hour later, bringing items silently into Damien's room, not waking him. Finally, after he had brought everything into the house, he climbed onto the bed beside Damien and smiled eagerly, waiting for him to wake up.

After a few moments, Damien's eyes fluttered open, seeing Wilford and causing him to smile. "Hey..."

Wilford was sitting beside him on his knees. His face was slightly obscured by something large and white and red that he was holding in his arms.

Once Damien's eyes fully focused he saw Wilford's beaming smile, and an abnormally large bouquet of white and red roses that he could barely hold. "Hello, love!"

Damien smiled and giggled at the large bouquet. "That is ginormous."

"Yes. I could barely bring all of them up here without waking you up..." Wilford looked around the room. Damien did the same and slowly became aware that the room was filled with roses, causing a smile to creep onto his face.

Wilford watched him with a soft smile, his cheeks tinted a bit pink. Damien looked at Wilford and smiled back. "What're you up to?"

He laughed softly in response. "It's your birthday, dearest."

"You didn't have to do all of this just because it's my birthday." Damien giggled, and Wilford lowered his head and looked at the flowers.

"Well..." He blushed a bit, starting to get embarrassed. "I wanted to make sure it was... memorable for you. Besides, I... didn't do it just because it's your birthday... I did it because I... you mean the world to me... and I..."

He began to get a bit flustered, stumbling over his words, his grip tightening on the bouquet as his face flushed more.

Damien blushed and smiled brightly, tears of joy filling his eyes, and, upon noticing it, Wilford's face fell. "Oh no... I've made you cry..."

"Th-These are just h-happy tears..." Damien smiled, wiping the tears away and causing Wilford's face to light up.

"...you mean you like it?" He asked softly, nervous.