Chapter 4

Three days have come and gone and this morning is the morning we are driving to New Orleans to the art exhibit that Markus' art is going to be displayed at. I am happy, excited and terrified all rolled into one ball of nervous ball of me. We're leaving the house in thirty minutes at 8 a.m. and I've been up since 5 a.m. I've already showered, shaved what little facial hair I have and dressed in a long sleeve purple and gray stripped shirt, dark blue washed jeans with rips and a pair of black socks with my purple Converse shoes.

I woke Jayson and Mateo up about 7 a.m. and as Mateo showered I dressed Jayson in a pair of matching jeans, a gray and black stripped long sleeve shirt and a pair of black Converse, he likes to dress like me regulary so how can I tell my baby boy no.

"Papa, hat you and me?" Jayson asks sweetly as he gives me wide baby blue eyes.

Nodding I smile as I riffle through the sock drawer looking for the two dark gray beanies that I know are in there that are Mateo's. While searching for the two items, I find a loaded Glock G43 9 mm pistol. Carefully avoiding the gun, I grab the two hats and quickly shut the drawer but gently. I have no issues with people owning guns but I am not a fan of them being loaded in a drawer that my 2 year old son could find..

Slipping my own hat onto my head before placing the other one on Jayson's head with a smile. I need to remember to ask Mateo to please place the gun up at a higher location for Jayson's safety. Gingerly picking Jayson up into my arms, I carry him downstairs to wait for Mateo to be ready to leave; he comes downstairs about ten minutes later dressed in a tight short sleeve black shirt, a pair of black leather pants and a pair of black combat boots.

Quickly glancing away from him when he looks at me with that damn sexy smirk as he catches me literly drooling at the sight of him. Jayson giggles at me as I wipe the drool off my chin. "Papa silly, keep spit in mouf," he chides me as he lies his head on my shoulder.

"Hush baby boy," I playfully scold him as I tickle his tummy which was a bad idea because he accidently kicks my wound.

Pulling him over to my right hip, placing him there so I can have the pain reduce some. Mateo smiles wairly at me, he must have seen Jayson accidently kick my wound as he walks over to us and gently takes him out of my hold with a warm smile.

"Come here Jay, how about you climb onto my back and I carry you out to the car?" Mateo asks with a huge grin at my boy.

Jayson nods enthustasiclly as he scrambles around onto Mateo's back. "Horsy Maeo!" Jayson cheers as Mateo wraps his hands around my little ones thighs to hold him in place.

Mateo and I chuckle at his statement as the three of us head toward the door in order to leave. Opening the door for Mateo and Jayson I follow behind them before Mateo locks the door, then places his hand back around Jayson's thigh.

An important thought hits me a few feet from Mateo's 2015 black Jeep Grand Cherokee; there isn't a car seat for Jayson and he's never rode in one either. Thus we cannot drive to New Orleans and see my brothers; this thought instantly produces tears.

"What's the matter, Mayson?" Mateo asks softly not to gain Jayson's attention.

Sniffling I stare into Mateo's chocolaty pools of his eyes, "There's no car seat for him and he's never rode in a car either."

Mateo simply smiles at me as he gestures with his head to open the back door of his Jeep. Curiously I open the back door looking inside to find a toddler car seat that will fit Jayson. My tears that hadn't fell are now falling at the sheer thoughtfulness of this entire family even if some of them are not blood related.