Chapter 7

In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take - Unknown

I didn't know where to go so we ended up being at the beach. We have been sitting here for almost 15-20 minutes, I couldn't look at him so I just stared out at the water but from the corner of my eye I could see that he kept looking over at me.

"So this is how it is now?" He blurs out of no where. "You giving me the silent treatment?"

"You know I regret that day since it happen right?.. I hate myself for getting you hurt" he says again finally looking at him I see he looking down at his hands.

"Then why were you standing there like they weren't even there? Why would you want to get yourself killed when your mother needs you the most right now?" I say.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I would rather take my mothers place right now. Because I fuck up everything good that's happened to me. I fucked up my relationship with my girlfriend because I joined the marines. I have a fucked up dad in jail. My mother has cancer for the second time and now I'm pretty sure that you hate me." He says shaking his head.

"I've never hated you, I thought you were an asshole sometimes when you have your moods but other then that I don't hate you." I say turning in my seat a bit to face him "I may have said those things back there but I was saying them out of anger. I'm sure you have done the same" he nods slowly.

"I am sorry, it's just seeing my mother like she is. It's hard."

"I understand really my mom went through it too" I fiddle with my fingers. There was a moment of silence before he ask a question again.

"So your really going back?" He asks as I nod. "I've only been on one tour. It's the only thing I want to do" I said staring back out at the ocean. "Will you go back?"

He shrugs his shoulders it would be his third tour and it would be my second. "If Noah goes I probably will too" he says.

We spent an hour there sitting in the car talking before I took him home. Then I went home myself I was way to busy thinking of today's events to realise that my brother was home till I hear Sam yell my name. I saw that he was in the kitchen making something to eat.

"Hey sis, how was last night?" He asks with a smile.

"Hey, it was fine. You?" I sit at the island in the kitchen.

"It was great, sorry I left you there. Did you just get home?" He looks at me. I shake my head. "No I had a work out session today with Louise, Noah and Carter"

He nods "they seem pretty nice guys, quiet though." I nod "yeah they have seen a lot of stuff plus Carter is going through some stuff at home to"

"Like what?"

"His.. um girlfriend left him 2 months before we came home and his mother has cancer for the second time.."

"Oh shit... that must be tough" he says as I nod my head. "I'm going to lay down I'm pretty tired" I says as he nods I kiss him on the cheek as I walk off to my room.

I was lying on my bed when my phone dinged I looked at it and saw it was from Carter.

Thank you for this morning, was a wake up call that I needed. Sorry again ~ Carter.

No worries. Don't worry about it I'm a big girl like I said I know how to look after myself~ Me

I know you do, not every girl has the balls to fight off a taliban man and tackle me to the ground. Still have no idea how the hell you did that. ~ Carter.

Talent Miller. Try putting up with my brother trying to tackle you because he wanted to be the best. I had to learn quick. ~ Me.

I'm sure you did, specially after face planting the house 😏 ~ Carter

I'm sure your laughing about that now aren't you. Miller if you tell Anderson I'll definitely destroy you ~ Me.

He would definitely love to hear that story about ya! Hehehe he just pulled up in his drive way hmmm to tell him or not 😜 ~ Carter

That's fine I'll tell him you slept with Zeus's smelly toy one night. I can play that game too.~ Me

There was no reply for a while so my eyes were getting heavy till my phone ding again.

Oh you wouldn't dare, ~ Carter.

Oh I would jenkins already knows since his the one that put it in your arms 😏 have a photo and everything ~ Me.

Are you joking Jenkins did that! I'm going to send him a very mean message! ~ Carter

It was his idea! Plus he made Zeus drool all over it before placing it in your arms ~ Me.

Oh my god! You guys are sick! I'm so getting you back for that! ~ Carter

I couldn't help but laugh even though I was so tired. I really needed sleep my body was exhausted so I pretty much passed out holding the phone in my hand.