Chapter 31

4 Years later

4 Years later

I was finally coming home after 4 years of fighting as a marine I was coming home, coming home to my family. I have spent way to much away from the ones I loved and I couldn't wait to get off this damn plane.

Sam is graduating this year and he got picked for NFL drafts so he would be playing for the Houston Texans and I was very proud of my twin brother. Oh and of course Jackson is be playing along side him.

My dad was still surgeon at the local hospital, but he started dating Louise's mother Alice within the 4 years that I was away.  And I was happy for them that meant Louise would be my step sister!

Louise and Noah got married a year ago and was expecting their first child, I was so happy for them. Zofia and Aiden got together the year I came back from being on leave for Zeus's death and they have been together since.

Carter and I? Well Carter retired from being a marine last year as he finished his 4 years. Oh of course we were together, I got through the death of Zeus. Yes it was hard but like he said we would get through it together and that's what we did. I couldn't wait to see him, I skyped him a day before I left Afghanistan. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I took my bag and headed straight for the lobby of the airport to spot the man that I love and that waited for me.

Taking off my hat as I looked around I could see other soldiers being greeted by their loved ones but I couldn't see mine. As I walked feather into the airport I could see my twin brother and my father staring straight at me smiling wide as they both pulled me into a group hug.

"Thank god your home!" Sam says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed ya too bro" I giggle as I kiss my dads cheek. "I missed everyone"

"Everyone missed you too, especially him"  My dad points behind me as I turn around to see Carter holding a sign, as I read the words I gasp holding my hand over my mouth as tears form into my eyes.

I drop my bag at my dads feet as I run to Carter, he stands up as I jump into his arms

I drop my bag at my dads feet as I run to Carter, he stands up as I jump into his arms. spinning me around as the happy tears fall down my cheeks.

"Will you Skylar Williams be my wife?" He asks me.

"Yes" I say as I kiss his lips, I leaned my forehead against his as I heard the airport cheer as we both looked around we started to chuckle. I cant believe I was going to marry the love of my life. As I look back at Carter I couldn't wipe the smile that was on my face off "I missed you" I say as I give him a kiss on the lips.

"I missed you to baby"

I was finally home with everyone who meant so much to me. I didn't have to leave anymore and I was so happy about that. I could now start my own family so now our life's can finally begin, even though I am proud of who I am and what I did for this country I would never forget.

Thank you for everyone who has or will serve for their country, we couldn't thank you enough. You have made everyone proud, family and even strangers.

Rest In Peace to all the fallen soldiers. You will not be forgotten.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for everyone who read this book! I really appreciate it!

Please vote or comment!