Chapter 26

Christmas

Christmas

It was that time of year when you filled yourself with Christmas turkey, Christmas pudding. Open presents with your family and friends. But when your in the Marine Corps your normally away fighting a war with your conrad's next to you, trying to not an blown up or ambushed.

Sam and I were waiting for dad to finish his shower so we could open the presents. This was my first Christmas home in ages because either I had basic training or I was deployed to Afghanistan.

"I'm glad your home sis" Sam says wrapping an arm around my shoulders as I smile.

"Me too" I say as Jackson walks in handing me a coffee, I nod at him as he sits next to me.

"Yeah its really good your here." Jackson says with a smile I sip my coffee as dad walks into the room as he claps his hands together.

"Alright children go open your presents" he says as Sam shots out of the seat and dashes over to the lit up tree, his a kid at heart even though his older by 5 minutes. He hands me a thin wrapped present I nod placing my mug on the coffee table after taking another sip. I rip open the wrapper looking down I see a $1000 gift card for the local tattoo parlor I look up at my dad and twin brother. "What's this for?"

"We thought you might like to get a remembrance tattoo for Zeus so his with you always." My dad says I stand to my feet and rush over to him as I wrap my arms around him.

"Thank you dad" I say giving him a kiss on the cheek.

As we spent the whole morning opening presents I got a necklace from Sam saying 'Family', I got $300 gift card for new converse shoes from Jackson and a beautiful watch from dad with a quote underneath it.

'Family is not an important thing. It's everything' - Michael J. Fox

At lunch time I made my way over to the Miller's house with the gifts that I had for them. I pulled into their drive way taking the gifts with me as I jumped out of the truck. It was freezing today as I looked up at the sky dark clouds were starting to roll over.

But as I walked up the steps to the front door to ring the bell, the front door swings open to a smiling Claire as she wraps her arms around me as I walk through the front door.

"Well good afternoon love" She says pulling back smiling.

"Your looking great Claire" I say smiling back at her.

"Of course, kicking cancer is my thing" she winks at me. "What ya got their love" nodding to the presents.

"Well these are for you guys, Merry Christmas" I hand her, her presents. She gasps as she opens the little box. shaking her head "Sky I-I cant take these"

"Yes you can, and you will. I'm not taking no for an answer." I nod. I brought her gold diamond earrings with blood red ruby's. Carter walks in with a smile on his face as he walks over to give me a kiss on the cheek.