7

Troian's POV

     I put my daughter down for a nap and walk into my bedroom to hopefully do the same. As I close my eyes, the front door opens and slams closed. A cry from the nursery erupts through the house. I get up out of bed sooth my daughter before walking to the living room. Patrick throws his bags down and rips his shoes off, chucking them in a random direction.

Troian "I thought you weren't supposed be home until Friday."

Patrick "Well....I lost my job."

     He walks into the kitchen, me following, and takes out a bottle of wine. He grabs a glass, and fills it up.

Troian "What happened?"

Patrick "You know the new director, Shane Hawk?"

     I know him all too well. Shane Hawk is a director you didn't want to work with. Since Patrick and I are actors, we've had to work with him on movies and short films. When I acted in "Invisible" a few years ago (Not a real film) he directed the project and made my life a nightmare. He criticized everything I did and made me do scenes over and over.

Patrick "He decided half way through the movie, that my character was 'just not working anymore' and that I was 'no longer needed.'"

Troian "What?! He can't do that! He promised you that job!"

Patrick "Yeah....I never trusted that promise."

     I sigh and grab his glass of wine, taking a sip and handing it back to him. I think about the girls said last week. I married this man, we have a wonderful daughter together, and yet we never find time to be with each other. Is our marriage over? Or could we try to make this work?

Troian "The baby's asleep, finally."

Patrick "That's good. You could finally get some sleep."

Troian "Yeah...."

     He walks over to me and lifts my chin so I could look into his eyes.

Patrick "I know it's been hard with being me gone those past few weeks. You've had to take care of her, walk the dogs, and take care of yourself. I just feel so...selfish."

     I put my hands on his cheeks and smile sadly.

Patrick "I only think about myself and not about you guys. If I had known Shane would replace me I wouldn't have taken the job. I could have...been here instead of being so selfish-"

Troian "Stop. You are not selfish. We love you and I understand why you took the job. It's good pay and we need to pay bills. I know it's been hard...but we can get through it."

Patrick "I'm willing to work on this relationship if you are."

     I lean in for a kiss and so does he. As our lips touch for a moments, our daughter's cry breaks us apart.

Patrick "I got this. You take a well deserved nap."

     He kisses my forehead before running down the hall to the nursery.

Patrick "Hold on baby! DADDY'S COMING!!!"