Chapter 29

"Ms. Stark, Mr. Parker will arrive in 30 minutes," F.R.I.D.A.Y. spoke up on Steve's room, the couple still sleeping.

"It's too early," Tory hummed in response, getting comfortable in Steve's arms.

"Ms. Stark, it's late."

The curtains were pulled close, so the room was dark. She opened one of her eyes, taking a moment to adjust to the dark.

"What time is it?" she asked, Rogers, pulling her closer, a smile tugging on her lips.

"3:30, you asked Peter to be here at 4."

"Shit," she whispered, her brain finally understanding what was happening. Tory carefully shifted in bad, taking Steve's hands out of her body, the man complaining about the loss of her warmth.

"Don't," he grumbled, eyes still close.

"I have to. If when I'm done and you're still sleeping, we can spend the rest of the day here," she whispered, pecking his lips and rushing out of the room.

...

Peter waited on the reception nervously, the man that sat behind the counter staring at him like he entered the wrong building. When the elevator doors opened, showing Tory, the concierge quickly got up.

"Stop creepily staring, Frank. C'mon Peter," she told the man, ushering the kid into the elevator.

"So, who else knows about your extracurricular activities?"

"Just my best friend," he said, staring at the changing numbers, informing the floors.

"Can you keep it a secret for a while though, just until I'm sure about this?" he asked quietly, as the door opened at the penthouse, the noise coming from their right. She was about to answer when Clint came behind them.

"Who's this?"

She glanced at Peter, the question he asked showing in his eyes.

"Genius kid that caught my attention. I was about to show him the labs," the woman explained with a smile, guiding Peter to the kitchen, where the boys were with Wanda, eating a late breakfast. All of them staring at the teen beside her, as she appeared.

"Guys... this is Peter. Stop staring as if you've never seen a teenager before."

"Parker, you probably know all the names."

"Why are you guys having breakfast at 4 in the afternoon?" Parker asked curiously, Sam staring at him with strained eyes.

"Rough mission, pal. I was about to go back to bed actually. Nice to meet you," the man said, before walking out of the kitchen.

"Why did you lock down the gym?" Clint asked, placing a piece of food on his mouth.

"You guys are not working out after the shit you've been through. I wanna know what happened," she said with that mom way she always did when worried about them.

"You guys are only going back to work when you're all well rested. From what I can see, it's been a week since any of you got at least a couple hours of sleep."

"Let's go, Parker. You have a lot of things to see, and Wan? I need to talk to you. I think it's time we try it for real. I need you to be with your mind clear and well rested."

Tory left the room with Peter following her steps, stunned about the fact he saw Falcon, Hawkeye and the Scarlett Witch.

"Where are we going?" the boy asked with curiosity, excited to finally know how things inside the tower were, after daydreaming for quite some time now.