Chapter 2

After a while, Bucky really began saying something. Not really full conversation mode, that was Tory’s job, he listened.

After she said her name, Buck just set beside her and took a plate, not really saying anything. He had the feeling he knew her last name.

“I have a proposition for you,” Tory said to him, sitting straight on the couch. They had finished their meals a while ago but kept talking, not noticing the time. Now it was late and she sensed Bucky felt a little uncomfortable.

“Would you like to come back with me to the Tower, go back to seeing Steve again, fighting for the good side, helping us” she suggested.

“You wouldn’t have to live in the shadows any longer, not alone every time. We could help you.”

“See… I don’t think that’s a good idea,” he muttered not looking at Tory in the eye.

“Buck, they haven’t found you for a long time, maybe they gave up, started another project, just try.”

He just looked at her. His face motionless, neutral.

“I won’t force you if you don’t wanna come, I won’t even mention you to the team, but it would be good for you and Steve wouldn’t feel so guilty about… you know… everything.”

He said nothing. His blank expression staring at her. Buck got up, heading for the elevator.

“Okay then. Think about it, if you change your mind, come here tomorrow at 11 a.m, I’ll be waiting.”

He just nodded, entering the elevator and disappearing as the doors closed.

In the next morning, F.R.I.D.A.Y woke Tory up as usual. Opening the curtains from the bedroom, informing the weather, the temperature and all.

“Okay F.R.I.D.A.Y I get it, just some more minutes,” Victoria said, hiding underneath the sheets.

“I’m afraid you don’t have some minutes, Ms. Stark” the AI insisted.

“It’s already 10 a.m and you have a flight in less than two hours.”

“What!??” Tory yelled, sitting on her bad, suddenly feeling slightly dizzy.

“You should have woken me earlier.”

Tory got out of her bed, rushing to the kitchen when something caught her attention on the corner of her eyes.

“Hum… F.R.I.D.A.Y why didn’t you notified me Barnes was here?” she questioned, looking at the tall guy standing in the corner of her living room, following her steps with his eyes.

“I didn’t notice he was there.” the AI countered.

“You… didn’t?” the woman asked surprised, looking at the man with an interest.

“Had breakfast yet?”

She was happy he was there. Even though he looked his same serious self, something about the way he looked at her was different.

“Yes.” he simply said.

“Okay, we’re about to stay on a plane for some several hours, can you please, give me answers more than just ‘yes’ or 'no’?”

“I’ll try,” he said with a smirk on his lips. That was new.

Tory poured herself some fruits and a mug of coffee. Eating uncomfortably with Bucky watching her.

“I’m taking a shower and we can head to the airport,” Tory said putting her bowl on the sink, noticing just then, she wasn’t wearing any shorts underneath the oversized shirt.