Chapter 3

The other day in the morning, most of the Avengers were already up, having breakfast, heading to their training or whatever they had to do.

Tony was entering the kitchen, Wanda and Clint laughing about something Sam had just said. In the furthest chair, sat Bucky, eating silently, watching everyone in the room.

"Good morning people. Frosty." Tony said, pointing to Bucky, getting a mug of coffee and sitting beside Wanda, looking through his phone. Sam laughs at the nickname. "Anyone has seen my sister?"

"Still sleeping, and will be sleeping for the rest of the day," Nat answered entering the kitchen all sweaty. Behind her came Steve in the same condition.

"So... how's your hypocrisy today?" Sam asked with a smirk. Stark looked at him, with his eyebrows raised. Steve sent Sam a look in disapproval.

"We kind of listened the screaming and yelling..." Wanda grumbled with a grin.

"We're fine," Tony said getting up from his chair and heading to the elevator pissed, holding his mug.

"You sure?" shouted Clint. Everyone looking at the elevator's direction with a chuckle.

"What did I miss?" Bruce questioned, entering the kitchen as the elevator doors closed.

...

Some hours later, Tory sat on her bad, looking around her dark room, sleepy and lost.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. what time is it?" she asked the AI, still jetlagged.

"It's 4 p.m. Ms. Stark"

"It's... What? Already? I slept for over 24 hours? That's a new record," she gushed, getting out of bed.

"Anyone on the common area?"

"Vision, Barton, Sam and Wanda are watching some kid cartoon there."

"Where's Nat? Or Steve? My brother?" she asked. She walked to her bathroom, looking at her messy self on the full-length mirror.

"God I need a party and a drink."

"Ms. Romanoff is on her room."

"Cap is on the balcony with Mr. Barnes."

"Your brother's on the lab, working on some new suit."

"Can you order the team's favorite sweets from that bakery down the block, please," Tory said before entering the shower.

"What should I order to Mr. Barnes?"

"Hm... something with chocolate?" she asked back, not sure.

...

After her shower, she headed to the common area where, now, almost everyone sat, watching some ridiculous TV show.

"Sleeping beauty is awake? What a miracle," Sam said looking at her chuckling. She walked in the direction of the elevator.

"You're already going out?" Steve asked, looking at Tory, who just entered the elevator with a smile, not answering him.

The team exchanged a look, turning their attention to the TV again. Buck as always, far from everyone. Steve really was trying to help him get along with the team, but not all of them trusted him and he understood their reasons.

When, some minutes later, the ding from the elevator sounded, the doors opened to show someone holding a white box.

"Who wants pastries?" Tory asked.

"Every time you bye us sweets, you want something." Nat pointed out, walking to her friend, helping her put the box on the counter. Opening it, the smell made everyone look to both women.