Chapter VI

It was morning and I woke up with Chloe still on top of me from last night. I smiled instantly and kissed her head. The feeling of having her back in my arms was incredible and I knew that I never wanted to wake up alone ever again. I'm not sure how long I was watching Chloe sleep for but she eventually woke and shifted on top of me.

"There she is," I smiled. "Good morning, baby."

"Mm..." Chloe stretched a little then looked up at me with tired eyes and a lazy grin. "Good morning." She leaned forward and planted her lips on mine.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better. You?"

"Same... I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too."

She gave me a smile then another peck.

"Can I ask you something?" She said.

"Of course, babe."

"Have you been with anyone since we broke up?"

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"No, baby. I couldn't. My mind was constantly on you. I promised that I'd come back to you, even if it felt like I wasn't going to come back... It was all a big mess for me but no, I wasn't with anyone. I hadn't even kissed anyone let alone think about it. You were always the one for me, Chlo - you still are."

Chloe flushed and it was so cute. I had to kiss her and she kissed me back.

"That's good to know," she uttered then moved off me.

"Where are you going?" I asked when she moved out of bed.

"I need to pee then have a shower."

"Okay," I laughed then watched her walk around the bed and waltz into the bathroom. 

I took the opportunity to check her out and I couldn't believe just how perfect she looked. I mean, I could but I couldn't. She still bedazzled me with her amazing body that she was still clearly very confident with. 

I kept staring at her until she disappeared into the bathroom. She didn't shut the door when she entered. I heard the toilet flush then I heard the shower turn on and it only took a genius to figure out what happened next. I quickly stretched out then made my way into the shower where Chloe was. I tossed my hair up into a bun like Chloe did and stepped behind her. I placed my hands on her hips and kissed her shoulder before resting my chin on it.

"What happens now?" I asked after a small silence.

"What do you mean?"

"What are you going to do about Tom?"

"You said it yourself last night - he's as dumb as bricks."

She made me laugh.

"I'm going to break up with him. I've actually been thinking about doing it for a while now."

"Good." I kissed her shoulder then she turned around to face me.

"I just need to know one thing."

"What's that?"

"You need to promise me that this is for real. Promise me that you won't leave me again. You broke my heart, Becs, and I can't go through that again. I... I just can't."

Oh, Chloe... My heart sunk at the words and I felt like crying but I had to stay strong. So, I took her hands in mine and kissed them.

"I promise that I'll never leave you again, Chloe Beale. You are my world and I'll be damned if I let anything come in the way of us again. I was a total idiot to let your parents get to me. I won't let that happen again - I promise."

Chloe stared at me for several moments before she leaned forward and gave me a passionate kiss. It felt so good to kiss her again.

"I love you, Beca," she whispered and I got shivers all over.

"I love you, too, Chlo. I love you so much."

Chloe smiled softly and gave me another kiss.

"I have to tell my parents," she told me.

"Tell them what?"

"About us. If we're going to do this they need to know."

I sighed.

"What?" She probed.

"Nothing, it's just... Do they really have to know?"

"Becs, we're going to be together for the rest of our lives - yes, they have to know. Regardless of what they think, they're still my parents and I still want them to be in my life. Besides, you're a successful music producer now so it should be fine."

"Should it?"

Chloe paused and pursed her lips before kissing me.

"Don't worry about it, okay? I'll go and see them later and sort it out."

"When are you going to do that?"

"I don't know."

"Are you going to be alright doing that on your own or do you want me to come along?"

She giggled at me. "They're my parents, Becs, they're not a bunch of criminals."

"I know, but I also know you tend to get nervous when you've got to give them big news. If you want me there then I will be. Just let me know when and where."

"That's sweet of you, Becs, but I'll be okay."

I wanted to protest but this was Chloe - when she had her mind set on something there was nothing I could do to change it. Besides, Chloe's parents would probably have accepted the news better from her daughter than from me. I just had to trust her.

"Alright, if that's what you want," I said.

"It is and right now I just want to enjoy our time together."

"When are you going to break up with Tom?"

"Today. I'll have my shower, get ready and go and see him."

"He didn't come home last night... Doesn't that bother you?"

"No, he sent me a text last night that he was staying out with the boys all night."

"You're not worried about him cheating?"

"Not really. As we've already established - he's as dumb as bricks. Cheating just isn't in him. Yes, he's a sweet guy and I feel kinda bad for cheating on him but I think deep down he knows that I was still hooked on you. I don't think it'd be too much of a surprise when I end things between us."

"Good."

"Good?" She giggled.

"Yes,"

"You've never liked him, have you?"

"When someone is with your girl, you tend to not like them very much."

"True," Chloe gave me a warm smile followed by a kiss. "I just want you to know, Becs, that I never slept with Tom. I couldn't bring myself to do it. He was more company than anything else - I promise."

I smiled at her and gave her a kiss. "It's okay, Chlo. I understand."

"You do?"

"Yes, you were lonely but I'm glad that you didn't sleep with him."

"Me, too."

I breathed a laugh. "Now, let's get ourselves cleaned up, shall we?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Let's."