Chapter 10

His hand hovered over my face, brushing a stand of hair back.

I take his chin, slowly directly him towards me.

He doesn't fight.

I feel his hands rush up and down my thighs, stopping the slightest bit on my hip.

A rush of sensation rolls through me,

How can a sweet and innocent gesture feel so sexy?

"Ricky," I moan, as he reaches for my top.

Yelling awakes me, frustrated and a little turned on.

I wish this would end, I wish Ricky would let this go, and be happy for me.

Groaning, I shut my eyes and pray for peace, when my door is slammed against the wall.

"Get up," the Eye Doc yells.

What the hell? I hesitate, but oblige, knowing cooperation is my key to freedom.

A voice cracks through the speaker, demanding everyone meet in the cafeteria.

I start to walk through the halls searching for Ricky.

I need to talk to him; God, he's like the light switch I've spent years stumbling in a dark hallway for.

I'm his Luna; he has to forgive me.

Arriving in the cafeteria, I take a seat and watch at the Eye Doc stomps in, pissed as ever.

"One of you maniacs broke into my office last night and I will find out who. I will find out, and when I do, oh God you do not want to know the punishment."

From the corner of my eye, I spotted a nurse cringe.

Wow, this is serious? I would think worse could happen.

"Was anything stolen?" I asked, feeling embarrassed when everyone turned to look at me.

Everyone except Ricky.

"My mother's wedding ring. She left it for me when she died. And you thieves took it. Since you're all selfish people, I'll make you a deal. Whoever finds it, will be able to discuss a release with me."

That caused an uproar of excitement, people jumping around and rolling on the floor. The nurses tried to calm them down, but a realease? Shit, if I didn't have one already I would be doing the same.

Breaking through the crowds of people, I finally stood in front of Ricky. He was staring into space, a grim look on his face.

"Can we please go back to normal?"

"Are you still leaving?" He snapped.

"Yes." I tried saying confidently, but it sounded more like a whimper.

He nodded, turning back away from me.

"You're being so selfish-if-if you really loved me you wouldn't be doing this."

In two seconds, he was on his feet, towering over me with angry eyes. I could feel the heat radiating off him.

"I-" he started, holding for a second, looking as if he was arguing with himself.

"I don't love you."

*****

The next two days came and went. I stayed in bed, hoping someone would notice but no one did.

I don't know much about love, but if I knew it felt like this, I would have never been in it.

What I would do to hold him again, hear his voice without malice, and see him smile.