Chapter 8

"What?" I said dumb-founded.

"You heard me, Tessa."

"So..let me get this straight..I'm not in trouble. And neither is Ricky or the guys."

"Correct." The Eye Doc nodded.

"All you ask is that I stay out of trouble..and then I can be sent home."

He nodded again, looking tired.

As if our games have grown to bore him.

"That's the best damn offer."

"Just remember- I need you trouble free for a month." He leaned back in his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm too old for this shit."

******

Sneaking up behind him, I carefully wrapped my hands over Ricky's eyes.

"I'm getting a whiff of vanilla mixed with innocence and a dash of spirit. Which could only mean that these soft hands belong to Tessa."

I laughed, "Very nice job."

He smirked and winked, "I do my best. Although how embarrassing would it have been if I was wrong?"

"Well you never are, so thank your stars for that trait." I giggled, taking a pair of dull kiddy scissors from the craft table.

Marble sat back and watched us.

Tesla focused hard on his craft- from two feet away from us, that is.

Tinker bell caught my eye and smiled; obviously silently enjoying our conversation.

"So guys," I said loudly, subconsciously giving the 'okay' for them to actually join the conversation this time.

"Gather round kids, Papa Tessa is going to tell y'all a story." I said, grabbed a pair of make-shift pipe cleaners glasses I made.

Clearing my throat, I placed the glasses on, and began,

"Once upon a time,

There was a green ogre named the Eye Doc. He was very mean and scary. There was also a group of magical, badass fairies. The fairies obvious badassness wore down the ogre."

"Can you get to the point already?" I heard Marbles say excitedly.

"Wait, are we the fairies?" Tinkerbell questioned.

"I'm almost there, and yes, we are." I huffed.

"Anyway, the fairies wore down the ogre so much, that he caved and gave them the best punishment ever. One that was nonexistent."

Everyone cheered, throwing colorful construction paper in the air.

I looked at Ricky, hoping to see a big smile, but instead, a frown.

"No, that's not right. He never lets us go."

"Well, that's what he told me."

"Just enjoy it, Ricky." Tesla said.

He shook his head, "Did he say anything else?"

A smile grew from the corner of my lips, "Well he did say that if I stay trouble-free for the next month, that I can go."

I thought when I delivered this news, everyone would be excited.

But instead, the fresh news was greeted with a slap of silence.

"I knew there was going to be punishment." Ricky growled.

"Punishment? Ricky he's letting me go. How's that hurting anyone?"