Seven

WARNING: GRAPHIC SEEN

Blood. Everywhere. In. Sight. Two seats faced the horizon, both drenched in the cold liquid. The dashboard, the walls, the floor- all were covered.

My insides curled at the sight. I stepped a foot in, the scent was unbearable. Another step, the sound of the substance under my feet was tormenting. A few more steps, the sight of the pilots was repugnant.

Chunks of flesh littered their skin and clothes. The bone that once protected their brain was scattered on the floor and seats. White fluid trailed down the necks of the victims. The head rest was completely blown apart.

A loud bang struck the aircraft as we were sent flying to the floor into the pool of blood.  

I couldn't move. My face was drowned in a never ending pile of sticky, disgusting, hot blood. My lungs lungs screamed for air as my mouth begged for oxygen.

I couldn't see. My eyes stung as the warm substance found its way into their sockets. My head was dizzy from the lack of oxygen.

My body was dragged to the front of chopper. I coughed as my back hit the bottom of the dashboard. Blood came pouring out of my mouth as I tried to wipe my eyes clean.

I looked up with blurry vision trying to find the person who dragged me, who is holding me to the dashboard but there was no one. Soldiers laid dead or dying on the floor covered in their colleagues blood.

The plane was nosediving. I scrambled to my feet with the bit of strength I had left. My hands jumbled on the controls. I reached into my memory of the brief lesson in college on helicopters and pulled as hard as in could on the lever.

The aircraft jerked upwards causing the soldiers bodies to slide to the other end of the cockpit. Through the glass I could see the vast ocean on either side of the strip of land we were approaching.

I was learched from the controls as the chopper skidded across the sand.

_____________________________________________
Soooo....this was graphic I hope you didn't just get scarred for life. I also didn't proof read sorry.