Chapter 29

MIAS POV

"Happy birthday!" My father walked in cheerfully.

He's actually a psycho.

"You do not look good." He looked down at me, observing my appearance. "No matter you won't be here for much longer."

"Can't we get this over with?" My head was pounding and now more than ever I wanted to die. My throat was dry, my wrists were stained in blood, my clothes were dirty and torn, I had bruises everywhere, most of all, I missed Kyler.

"Look dude, you've held a gun to me multiple times, rambling on about killing me and I'm starting to question your commitment...." I trailed on.

"I think you should be questioning his." He smirked and opened the door revealing Kyler.

Oh shit.

"Mi Amore." He called me by my nickname but it sounded different. Sinister. It was then that I noticed the gun dangling in his left hand. "One promise Mia, we made one promise and you broke it." I could see the tears building up in his eyes.

"Stay." I whispered more to myself than to him. He nodded, "You promised me you'd stay. And you left." I saw a tear drop and my heart shattered.

"You left me Mia. At least I got to see you when we broke up! But then you left to get yourself killed!" The hurt turned to anger and I couldn't bring myself to look at the pain in his eyes. "Now you won't even look at me."

He chuckled darkly and put the gun at me.

I stared at the barrel of the gun in front of me. "You don't have to do this." I sucked in a breath.

Tears stung his eyes as he breathed in deeply aiming the rifle at my skull. "I wish that were true."

I looked at him and saw traces of amusement in his eyes.

What was he doing?

In the blink of an eye he turned the gun, now facing my father.

"Amateur." Was all my father said and I heard a gunshot as I shut my eyes.

I closed my eyes and saw my father lying still on the floor.

He's dead.

I looked at Kyler but I saw that he was already staring at me. More importantly at the pool around me. "Oh I see, I've been shot." I felt the adrenaline rush leave me and the pain shot through my body, much like the bullet did seconds ago.

In an instant he rushed down the my side putting pressure on the hole in my stomach. "Shit! Someone call an ambulance!" He cried out and I could see the panic flooding his eyes.

KYLERS POV

I stroked her tear stained cheeks. Her eyes met mine and I tried my hardest to remember them. "I've imagined death so many times this week and I didn't think it was going to go like this."

I held her tightly in my arms as I watched the light fade from her angelic face, "Mi Amore, please don't go, I need you." I whispered to her, wiping her long, golden hair out of her blood-stained face. "Stay awake, for me."

"It's over now." She smiled softly and her breathing became shallow.

"No Mi Amore, it can't be, this is only the beginning of our story." I pressed my hand more firmly to the wound on her stomach, protruding blood. "Hey, focus on me, on my voice, I'm right here." I lifted her head up to face mine.

"It's hurts Kyler, I want the hurt to stop." She whimpered.

"I know Mi Amore but you have to keep fighting, don't give up on me." Her eyes fluttered closed, "Where is the ambulance?!"