In Love With A Thief

Mercury and Emerald got home, he was carrying her as she fell asleep by now as they were going home and opened the door to their dorms. Yatsu and Neptune were on their bed and looked up with a soft growl then looked back at their studies, Merc spoke up.

-Hey guys... erm sorry. Want me to help with the studies?

-Why is Emerald asleep? (Yatsu)

-She didn't have the best mood so I went to a walk with her to talk and she fell asleep so I carried her back.

-She rather seems exhausted. (Neptune)

-She got tired from the lot of walking that's it.

-Sure, sure.. (Yatsu)

Yatsuhashi walked to Mercury and with a soft sigh took Emerald over and lifted her up onto her bed, laying blankets around her then sitting back onto his own bed. Mercury sat down onto his own then looked away and gulped. The other two took away their studies and laid down to sleep and so did the grey haired, for the first time he felt bad.

Mercury's sight.

As I laid down onto the bed I let out a soft sigh, since we arrived here everything just changed... it all started to badly and like a whole disaster with us getting into separated teams and all but Emerald started to get more and more social which I didn't like at all but if that's what she wanted... for the first time in her life she seemed happy, truly happy... she was happy then so was I and the team started to get together so nicely, it became better and better seriously like a daydream in those comics I read.

We seem to get together well and I told my feelings to Em this day which was goddamn stressful! I was stressed the whole day and I couldn't even think of what will happen, she didn't say she loved me but... she said we will continue this later, I mean I was just about to kiss her so maybe she meant we will continue the kiss and she won't have a problem with it? I really do hope that was it! But Cinder just walked in and ruined seriously everything, I swear since I got together with that woman the only good thing that happened to me were my new metal legs, I hated the whole training which I was together with Emerald, that was the time we started to get on well.

Emerald, she was always after Cinder... to make her proud happy and all... but why the hell I never knew until the day I asked

[memory]

-Em, why do you like Cinder so much? She makes you do all the dirty work and even blames you if you fuck it up.

She answered with a smile.

-Yeah I know Merc, but she gave me a home and something to believe in. For the first time in my life she made me feel like I mattered and there was something to do with me somewhere in this world... I owe her everything I've got, so I want to give her the best I can!

[memory ended]

She was always cheerful I mean, she tried to hide it and look cool and badass but she felt like she got a home, we started to talk more and more to each other and the more we did the more I felt like I mattered too. So since then I felt like it was more than getting cool and fast metal legs, I found the love of my life which is to be honest very unexpected for a villain. In all the comics I read they all were about the heroes bringing peace and happiness to the world then falling in love with each other that's it. No villains, they were always the ones who got their ass kicked.

As long as I knew I never believed in love at all, my father 'raised' me alone and he was always just drunk and how he ended up...? Well that's something else to talk about. So in all I thought love was just a lie for all the naive believers of it and they deserve to get hurt by being too stupid and idiotic.

The training with Cinder was always hard, too difficult and there were a lot of times I felt like giving up when they choked us in the river then revived us more and more times to make us be able to bear a lot in the water, or they captured us so many times and beat us to be half-dead and numb and they told us a sentence before which we had to keep it, if we told we failed. If we didn't we won but it didn't feel like a comfortable glory because we were just punished until they felt like stopping.

We had to fight against each other so many times, Emerald even got to fight Tyrian when she failed a mission let's be honest no-one wanted that and I would've rather been there to fight the crazy guy then seeing Em there getting hurt and infected with his venom which always killed her... Cinder saw it as a good idea and she kept asking Tyrian to infect Emerald more and more times until her body felt any kind of venom no longer. At those times everyone had to stay away from where they kept Emerald, when we walked by we could hear her screams and all... when everyone had something to do I usually say there and tried to calm her down or help her not like I could but just talking to her like everything will be alright.

[memory]

-M-Mercury I-I can't... I can't make it...

-Don't say something like this Emerald! You know you can do it! You've done it not once before!

-I know I did but this time... t-this time it's ever harder.... I'm sweating like crazy and I-I can't breathe!

She screamed loudly as another pain wave went up her spine and I just laid my forehead onto the door, not seeing her.

-Emmy, listen to me. You can do it got it? You said yourself that you wanna make Cinder happy, right? Then goddamn survive it! I believe in you and we all do!

[memory ended]

The last infecting was the hardest, she died in it twice... we were only lucky to have her revived quickly before Salem would just offer to get her some Grimm shit into her body.

And later the missions started, going to places to steal things for others to get their trust and all these dirty works, Emerald was also thought to keep her semblance up for hours, I felt sorry for her because they thought she was weak and we all knew that she was weak but... they never knew I was the weakest. I never show any feelings but I do worry about Emerald a lot and I grew to love her for what she's like.

For her cheerful smile which can be seen only if you pay enough attention and catch that only one moment she fails to hide it, for her playful smirks and her fearless mind and her knowledge... goddamn she's the smartest person I've ever met... for her beauty and for ... her.

I love her and would do anything to protect her... Damn I should sleep it's already late and we have a test tomorrow... I hope Emmy will sleep good.