Who is the bad guy?

((hey guys I'm sorry for the small pause! I'm just having a bit of problem continuing the story etc but I will try tho! I just need to figure out how to go on!))

A few days went by with school and studies and nothing interesting. Yatsuhashi still hadn't asked Emerald about anything like that and Neptune was just Neptune.

Yet the main thing that bothered Emerald was that Mercury was still gone. She remembered something about that he said he had to go but where? Was it Cinder? Was the boy in danger? The thought killed her that she couldn't text him which was a rule because if he was on a mission he could've got caught because of it.

The thief let out a long exhale and calmed herself down, trying to mentally contact Mercury while being in class 'Mercury... do you hear me? Where are you?' But there was no answer, not because he didn't answer, she would've felt it but it was something different; he wasn't there.

After that she tried to contact him many times but with no more or less success. Yet she didn't give up on him.

A few days later Emerald was sitting in the window of their dorm and watched the students outside. She then heard the door slowly opening and held back herself from grabbing her weapon. Since she cried herself out that day with Neptune she had more confidence and less stress. She felt more relieved; was it how Yatsu felt himself after confessing?

Yet after she didn't hear any voice she looked up at the door and her eyes widened, she saw Mercury standing in the door with his husky smirk he always wore, without a scratch and most importantly; alive.

She couldn't hold herself back from running there and jumping into his arms and he didn't even try to hold himself back from hugging the girl as tightly as possible and kissing her neck deeply.

-Good to see you're in one piece after drinking so much, I see now we have pretty reliable teammates, don't we?

-I missed you so much Mercury...! Wh-where have you been? And- Wait you knew?! Wait... of course you knew... you brought me to Yatsu.

Mercury tilted his head softly as stepped back from her and chuckled a bit.

-What's with you, Emmy? Being all insecure and disorganized? That's so unlike you.

She smirked and poked his chest playfully.

-And What's with those words? It's unlike you. -she then realized she was actually mad- but wait no. Seriously, why did you not even bother to send a message or contact me? Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to contact you?

Mercury sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, looking away.

-You know it was very rude of me... but I hoped you weren't too drunk to forget what I told you. I actually told you that I'm going to be away in Salem's castle and for a few missions but it seems like I should've texted you or something... I'm sorry.

Emerald sighed; so Mercury didn't just leave without a word and actually tried to explain it to her that he will be away for a while, huh? So it was really her in all the trouble.

-Wait, Cinder called you away? That night for no reason? That doesn't really make sense...

He shrugged.

-Yeah, it doesn't but you know her, she is always like we gotta do this and that sometimes out of nowhere.

-Oh,fuck!

Emerald gasped and Mercury chuckled, answering playfully.

-If that's what you want I have some free time~

-No, Mercury! It was her plan to call you away so suddenly! She was the reason I got drunk! She was all behind this and when everything slowed down and-

Mercury frowned and became more serious this time, looking down at her with a questioning look.

-What is that 'everything' she's behind?

Emerald gulped and stepped one back, stuttering slightly, she wasn't the best at lying to him it was clear.

-Well... me getting drunk... and getting you away... and yeah.

-And Yeah? Emerald these are just the things she prepared if it's true but, have you done something?

Emerald stayed quiet but Mercury slowly stepped closer and she backed away, both of them ending up against the wall as Mercury pinned her against it, giving her no escape.

-W-Well I haven't- I mean... I might have. I- Mercury, there's something right behind you.

Mercury looked seriously into her eyes and kept her pinned, he was kind of scary like this but it was also a side of him.

-Emerald. Speak. Up.

-Fine Eheh... y'know there was this and that and yeah heh and things happened....

With that she began to tell everything but mumbling and whispering so he barely could see it and she felt him cupping her cheeks with one hand and making her face him then spoke, he wasn't aggressive or mad; yet.

-Emerald, louder.

The mint haired girl took a deep breathe then let the words out.

-Okay, So after you left... I went back to Yatsu and I don't know much but about the order of how the things happened but I ended up on the dance floor with Yatsu... and we danced and everything seemed to slow down and well we kissed. And then we kissed again later.... but it was nothing I swear I know it was Cinder!

Mercury looked blank.

-It rather sounded to me like you are in love with him than 'it was Cinder'. Jesus... I never noticed this I was- I'm so dumb! You never wanted to run away with me you just wanna quit this to be with him and you need someone to blame everything on later on!

-What?! Mercury, no! Don't do this don't think that! It's exactly what Cinder wants! Please be smarter than she expects you to be and listen to me. Believe me please.

-Oh yeah? 'Please be smarter and than she expect you to be and let me cheat on you more' ch. Emerald I love you but I won't be just a toy this time.

Emerald felt the weight again on her shoulders, the whole she felt days before and even more. She couldn't rest or get away from it anymore.

-Y-You said we are in this together no matter what....

-Well you said things too, you said we would be together and you would never cheat, yet you did. So who is the bad guy now? Don't blame it on me or Cinder. I'm done... I need a walk.

He said and walked out, Emerald tried to stop him but her legs gave up and she collapsed onto the ground, kneeling in the middle as she heard the door shutting then silence.

Silence on the inside but poison and loud shouting on the inside, her negative thoughts.

Everything was going exactly as Cinder wanted it and Emerald hated it.