Chapter 1

"Toya where is my shirt?", Twan yelled at me looking in his closet

"I don't know", I quietly said back.

"What I tell you about mumbling? I hate that sh*t, look for my shirt so I won't be late to work"

"I thought you had class today"

"What did I just say look for? Huh?!"

"Your shirt for work"

"Alright now do it"

He get on my nerves always yelling at me. I know y'all probably wondering why I'm still with him if he treats me like this and y'all probably getting hype like I wish I would. Y'all just don't know what I'm going through.

Me and my mom got in the biggest fight we ever had. We had World War III in that house. We cut each other up, stabbed each other, it was blood everywhere and then she shot me with her gun so I got the gun and shot her in her stomach and then I stabbed her some more. I was 14 years old, all because I thought I was grown and my so called friends were tired of me always complaining about my mom telling what to do so they gave me a gun and a pocket knife.

I thought we were friends until later me and my mom got into it they weren't there but Twan was. He let me move in with him and his family until he was old enough to live on his own, which was just a couple of months since he was already a senior. All I had to do was do what he said when he said it. It was all going good until he went to this frat part and got drunk. He came home and beat the living sh*t out of me. I was in the hospital for 3 months but he was still there for me. I had nobody but him so I had to go back home to him and he made it up to me for almost a year doing everything I asked and he said he wouldn't put his hands again bu the verbal abuse it was scary to.

I tried to leave him once but I had no where to go and no money so I went to a shelter for a while but he found me and took me back home with him. Once again he made it up to me. He's never cheated on me and he never made the same mistake twice it's just sometimes I do things that aggravate him. I know I don't deserve this life but that's what happens when bad company corrupts good character.

"LaToya did you find my shirt?", he yelled coming back in the closet.

"Yes daddy it's right here"

"Iron it for me. Please", he flashed his sexy smile and I walked out the closet to iron it and he smacked my butt while I was walking off.

"It's Friday so I won't be home until later on. Stay at the house and don't go anywhere, I got something for you when I get back", he said buttoning his shirt

"And what if I get bored or hungry?"

"Eat something. I left some money on the counter so you can order you something and if you get bored study for school since you finna graduate or some sh*t shoot"

"Okay", I said still talking low.

"Aight I'm out. Give me kiss", I gave him a light peck and tried to back away but he grabbed my face and pulled me back to him.

He was trying to deepen the kiss but I didn't want to so I didn't move my lips.

"Fine then b*tch you must've forgot who I was. I'll go get everything I want from somebody else. You got one more time to try to kiss me or you out on yo own and I'll have somebody else in this house", I went back and kissed him and then he left

The life I live. I got up and cleaned the house up and I played music while I cleaned it up. I got my phone and played on it for a while and then I fell asleep.

"Toya wake up. You ain't eat nothing?", I woke up and Twan was sitting next to me wiping the sweat off my forehead since I was really hot.

"No daddy I just cleaned up and fell asleep. What time is it?"