Chapter 1 - The Debut of the Foreigner Host!

The following is a story by a fan for fans. This story is not intended for any sort of monetary gain, but rather for your enjoyment. Ouran High School Host Club is owned by Bisco Hatori and Hakushensha Comics and is licensed by Madman Entertainment and Viz Media. Please support the official release.

This story will follow naming conventions as used in the English Dub. For example, names will be written like Tamaki Suoh instead of Suoh Tamaki. This is done for ease of reading as this story is written in English.

============================================================

Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the elite private school, Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and beautiful.

============================================================

"Why is everything pink?" you muttered to yourself as you mounted the steps to the administration building. "It was pink in the brochure, but I didn't think it'd be this pink." You could feel many eyes watching your every move. "Uh hi!"

A few of them seemed to scoff. You caught words like "commoner" and "filthy", but most of them stood transfixed. Did people like this really exist? Could people really be this sheltered?

The main building was as impressive as the campus grounds. It could have passed for a cathedral with windows two stories high, letting in enough light without making the halls unbearably hot. The chandeliers appeared covered in 24 karat gold leaf, and, given the surroundings, you were sure they were.

"Ah, you must be Mr [L/n]." A man in a pressed cream suit with a pink tie approached you with a bright smile. "My name is Yuzuru Suoh. I'm the Chairman of the Ouran Academy Board."

"Yes, sir!" You said with a quick but deep bow. "It's an honor to make your acquaintance."

The chairman seemed impressed. "Your Japanese is remarkable. You must have studied very hard. We pride ourselves on work ethic here, and I'm sure you'll fit right in."

"Thank you, sir." You hadn't studied Japanese for the past year at university level intensity for nothing.

"Please allow me a bit of pleasure," he said, transferring flawlessly to English. "It's rare I get to practice conversational English."

"Of course," you smiled, instantly at ease with this charismatic man.

"I trust you had a comfortable flight?"

"Yes sir," you said, remembering how wonderful flying in the school's private jumbo jet was, though you did find it a little excessive. You were the only student passenger and the rest were maids catering to your every need. The simple act of asking for water was an ordeal with several types of still and sparkling water of different flavors served in gold-rimmed champagne flutes.

"You will find we take care of our students, especially guest students like you. You'll have to tell your principal to raise your school's standards!" Mr. Suoh laughed at his little joke. You laughed, but only out of respect. Your principal was close friends with Mr. Suoh, and the two decided on a special program to welcome an exchange student from your country.