f o r t y - t h r e e

forty- three

forty- three

Cassius and I walk back into the house, tiredly with my suitcases in hand.

I walk upstairs and he goes into his room, walking to the opposite side. "Since you usually sleep on this side of the bed, use those empty drawers to put your things in. I'll help you if you need to."

I nod, "Uh. I think i'll just need to hang those up, in that suitcase. The rest will go in the drawers and i'll take care of the other suitcase that's where i had like my toiletries."

"Okay, here. I'll do these." He takes the suitcase with the clothes on the hangers and walks into his closet. I watch him walk to the empty sections and start hanging everything up.

I empty all the suitcase that was filled with my undergarments and a couple of swimsuits.

I sort them into the drawers and sort the toiletries in the bathroom, on the opposite side of Cassius' sink.

Since there's two sinks, i use the empty one and finish. Walking back out i notice Cassius already finished, and i smile.

"I put your pants in the big drawers underneath where everything gets hanged up."

"..Thank you so much. For all of this, like letting me live with you in general.. I'm so grateful."

"Of course. I need you here.. This is the first step to a lot of things... Like you said, marriage, kids..."

He says causing me to blush, remembering how foolish i was acting that night.

"Yes that's right."

"Well, your wish is coming true.."

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him close to me.

I feel his arms sneak around my waist, and he pecks me gently.

I cup his face in my hands and observe how good he looks, I rub my fingers over his unnoticeable stubble, and his soft skin. His blue piercing eyes glisten and he smiles showing how straight his white teeth are.

I feel so lucky, and i just embrace him tightly.

"Thank you."

"Mhm, always."

"I didn't expect her to turn on me like that."

"You could tell that she was envious. At the club she was looking at you oddly."

"What, i noticed that too. But i just thought she was getting jealous because me and Autumn have gotten so close."

"Yes, that too."

"It's okay, one less toxic person to bring you down the way she did but so privately."

"That's true."

He hugs me tightly and i look down quietly.

He walks over to the bed, changing in front of me into sweats.

I sit on the bed comfortably in leggings and a white sweatshirt.

"Why do you want to marry me?" I ask curiously and out of the blue.

He turns the lights off and lays down pulling me next to him.

"Too many things to count."

"Name a couple."

"Well, I love you and care for you... Ev, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make sure you're safe and happy. All the time, and i want to grow our family together, be a family in general. You and me. Together. A family, it's gonna be a challenge but i've never let a challenge stop me."

"It'll be okay. We can do it." I encourage and he chuckles, "I know."

"What made you realize you were in love with me?"

"When i found myself constantly wondering about you. I asked myself if you were okay, safe, healthy or even if you had ate that day yet. I care, and what made it click was when i found out you are the most
important person in my life and i'd do anything for you." I smile, pulling myself into him tightly.

I'm sorry for the short chapter i'm so tired but please look forward to the next chapter it's going to be a special chapter which was requested i hope you guys enjoy!