Good Enough [Brendon x Reader]

Prompt: "I thought I could be good enough. I thought one day, if I really tried hard, I could do it."

Trigger Warnings: Depressed Reader *DON'T READ IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED EASILY*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Y/N's POV

     Me and Brendon were in the car, driving home from a Fall Out Boy concert, with Tyler, Josh, and Zack. I was sitting in the back with Brendon and Josh on either side of me. Zack and Tyler were in the the front. They were all goofing around and moving around a lot. Tears rolled down my cheeks silently as I desperately tried to move away from everyone in the car. I tried to move them off my seat but I couldn't.

'Crap. I can't be having a panic attack when I'm with him. He can't see me like this.' Even though Brendon and I have been dating for three years, I haven't told him that I got panic attacks or had depression or anything like that. I didn't want to worry him.

'No one even cares about you. Brendon doesn't want to be with you, he's just to nice to say anything.' More tears rolled down my cheeks. I needed to get home soon.

   "Brendon," I squeaked. " Can you move over a bit?" He looked over at me and nodded.

   " Josh, scoot over man. You're crowding Y/N." Brendon said to Josh. Josh moved over and started the conversation back up.

    " Brendon, I have to get out of the car. Please we need to pull over." I said.

   "Why? What's the matter Y/N?" He says, his eyes showing he was really worried. He tried to put his arm around me but I shrugged it off. He looked hurt and asked me again if I was okay.

   When I don't answer, he asks Zack how much longer until we get to our house.

     "We are pulling into the driveway." Zack responds, looking back at us.

   As soon as the car is stopped, Brendon gets out and I rush out after him. I unlock the door and run to our bedroom.

     " Help yourselves to whatever is in the fridge. I'll be right back." Brendon says to Tyler, Josh, and Zack.

      I slide down the wall and start sobbing. I feel Brendon sit down next and hold my hand.

      " Deep breaths," he says in a calm voice. "Deep breaths."

      " Why do you love me?" I ask.

       " Wh-What do you mean?" Brendon asked, confusion flooding his face.

     "I thought I could be good enough. I thought one day, if I really tried hard, I could do it, but I can't. Brendon, I'm not good enough for you. You need a girl who is smart, funny, and not a mess like me."

     "Y/N, you are more than enough. If anything, I don't deserve you. You are the funniest, smartest person I have ever met. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I love you more than you will ever know." Brendon told me.

     My sobs got quieter. I hugged him and he hugged me back immediately.

    "I love you so much Brendon."

     " I love you too Y/N. Do you want to come out there and watch a movie with everyone or stay in here?" Brendon asked me.

      I stood up and fixed my makeup. "Let's go out there."

    We went out to the living room where Zack, Josh and Tyler were.

     " You okay Y/N?" Tyler asked.

     " Eventually, I will be," I said as I sat down on Brendon's lap. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and kissed my temple.

     And for the first time ever, I really believed it, because I had Brendon. And although he wouldn't be able to cure all my issues, he's still my rock.

══════════════════

Published: 11/24/18