When He Has A Bad Day

(High school Brendon x High school Reader)

As soon as I got to the hall after school I could tell something was wrong. His whole demeanor wasn't how it normally was. Instead of the happy energetic Brendon that normally graced the hallway with his lively presence, he was slumped against a locker looking down at his black converse that were scuffed up from band practice.
"Hey you." I say as I get up to where he is. He looks up at me and I see in his eyes that he isn't okay. His brown eyes that could light up a whole room, were as dark as his hair, and as lively as a cardboard box. His friends all leave the hall but I stay in the hall, so he does too. " Are you okay? Did something happen today?" I ask him, holding his hands in my much tinier ones. He looks down at our intertwined hands and shakes his head. "I just didn't have a good day," he whispers, his voice sounds hoarse, like he has been crying. I pull him into a hug, and he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.
" Do you wanna talk about it?" He nods his head, breaking the hug.
"Not here though. Can we go to the field or the bleachers? I don't want anyone around." He explained, finally looking at me. Whatever happened today clearly upset him. Even though I know he will try and act all "macho", I will still try to help out. We walked to the bleachers, and climbed to the very top of them.
I sat down, the cold metal grazing my leg. He sat down next to me and pulled me down so that my head was on his legs.
"Bren, shouldn't you be the one laying down?" I asked.
"Playing with your hair calms me down. Please stay there," he whispered the last part. I stay there and hold his hand.
"So what happened?" I asked, kissing the back of his hand.
"Today felt like anything that could go wrong did go wrong. I bought you flowers this morning, but I fell on my way to school and crushed them. I wanted to show you that I love you, but I couldn't. I failed my English midterm. And I'm losing my voice so I can't go to band practice. Why is it all going wrong Y/N?" His voice broke at the end of his question. He pushes his hand through my hair as tears roll down his face.
"Hey, hey. It's all okay. It was so sweet of you to buy me flowers, but you don't need to buy things for me to show me you love me. You being my boyfriend shows you love me. Ms. Piperton said that anyone who isn't happy with their score gets to retake the test. As for your voice, we can go to Starbucks and get you some tea to soothe your throat. See there is a solution to everything. As long as we face things together, there isn't anything we can't do." I told him, sitting up and wiping his tears away. He leaned into my hand and closed his eyes. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead. "Brendon Urie, I love you so much, it's insane."

"Y/F/N, (Your full name) I love you way more."

================================
565 words
Published 12/26/18
Shameless Self plug: follow my instagram: weare_ahurricane or moose.__.squirrel or follow me on tumblr wearea-hurricane