Concert

I climbed onto the small stage in the back of the concert venue. I always started my shows on the backstage and make my way towards the main stage. I start the song. (A/N For the sake of the story, Billie Eilish isn't famous. No hate, I love her music, i just can't think of any song rn)

"Lips meet teeth and tongue

My heart skips eight beats at once

If we were meant to be, we would have been by now

See what you wanna see, but all I see is him right now"

I walked through the aisle, taking pictures with fans while singing. This was one of my biggest shows ever. Hands waved in front of me. People were pushing through the aisles to get a picture with me.

It was too much to handle. I felt it start to happen as I was reaching the stage.

"I'll sit and watch your car burn
With the fire that you started in me
But you never came back to ask it out
Go ahead and-"

I stopped, unable to go on. The anxiety attack slowly took over. I couldn't breathe and everything suddenly became so loud and close to me. My shirt felt like it was choking me. I stared out into the audience. I could hear all the murmurs. Everyone was asking what was happening. I turned my head to look over at Brendon. He was running onto the stage. As soon as he got to me, he hugged me and whispered into my ear that everything was going to be okay. (A/N when I have anxiety attacks I like to be hugged, other people might not, so if you don't don't put that I am wrong or anything, I write these abt the things I know about myself and others)

" GET OFF THE STAGE" someone yelled from the audience. That made me start crying. I thought these people were supposed to be my fans, and that they were supposed to support me.

Brendon grabbed the microphone from me.

" Hey everyone. Y/N will be back in 10 minutes. For the time being, I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME will be playing some songs. Sorry for the inconvenience." I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME was opening for me on this tour. And because I had anxiety attacks sometimes during sound checks, my manager thought it would be best to have them on standby in case I had one on stage. Brendon got me off the stage and as soon as we were off the stage, I hugged him again.

" Wanna talk about what caused it this time?" Brendon whispered in a calm voice. I have anxiety attacks a lot, typically before shows, or just at home. There are always different triggers though. Brendon has always been good at calming me down and helping me out.

" It w-was just all the pe-people. Th-they kept shoving into me and touching me, I just couldn't handle it."

Brendon held me close to him and said, "I don't think you should do the rest of the show, but I know you have to." (Okay so I know this doesn't make sense but I get claustrophobic and I can't have more than one person on either side of me without feeling like I can't breathe, but I calm down best when I get hugged. Idk, sounds contradictory.)

We stayed there til I had to go back on stage.

"Hey guys, I'm really sorry about what happened, but when I walk through there for pictures, you cannot push against me or try to touch me or anything. It makes me very uncomfortable." I said. "LET'S GET ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!" I looked off the side of the stage and smiled at Brendon. He smiled back. The rest of the show went well, but I cancelled the meet and greet because I was so mentally drained.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Published 12/4/18