Rory: A Scary Bull Man Takes Over Macy's

"Keep going!" I yelled to Avery. "I'll stay and fight him!" "I'm not leaving without you!" Avery said and ran to my side. Bulley uprooted a tree and threw it at us. I dodged as Avery leaped onto the tree in midair, ran on it while it was still moving, and charged at Bulley. She screamed a battle cry, "Aagh!". I thought it was quite impressive for her first battle cry. Bulley grabbed her in the middle of her heroic jump and threw her. Avery hit a pine tree with a loud thunk. My best friend fell to the floor.

Sorry, you don't know who I am or how this sequence of events came to be. My name is Aurora Vargas. People call me Rory for short. My mother left me with my father right after I was born, and when I was six, my father died in a gas explosion. Pretty harsh right? That's why I don't like to talk about it. My dad was an amazing lawyer and magician. I was sent to live with my Godfather, and his daughter, Avery. Don't ask, it's complicated. Avery is a month older than me and has eyes that change from green to brown to stormy gray. Avery's dad and mom never married, and her mom left them on Avery's third birthday. I consider Avery my sister and her dad my uncle. We own a pomeranian dog named Bob. Does that answer your questions?

So, let's go back a few hours before the "incident". It all started at the beginning of summer. Avery and I had just gotten out of our last year of highschool and her dad sent us to the mall to shop for Bob. It was summer! Yay! Avery was wearing a cute blue nike outfit and her hair was in braids. We were at Macy's shopping for Bob, our dog. They DO have dog merchandise there. It was like any other Macy's.

A teenage boy and girl with matching orange shirts walked by. On top of matching orange shirts, they both had a matching lock of grayish white hair. They looked around the same age as Avery and I. The girl was beautiful, she had blonde hair, a nice tan, and stormy gray eyes like Avery did. The boy had sea green eyes and dark black hair. They were a cute couple. For some reason, the girl had a sword and I think she winked at me! I told myself I was just seeing things like the time my hands had glown purple and moved on.

I was trying on a nice red dress and matching red sandal high heels. They were obviously for Bob. "Give it up Rory, they all know we were shopping for ourselves." my annoying conscience tells me. I flattened my dress and spun around to give Avery one last look at the dress I wish I could afford before I changed into my normal clothes. "Do you think Bob will like it?" I joked. Instead of laughing like usual, Avery was looking above me with a horrified expression on her face. "Bull-man-monster-run." she half-whispered. I knew she wasn't pranking me because her face looked truly scared and she is a TERRIBLE liar. "That's you Rory." my conscious states dully. For some reason it sounds a lot like Avery. "That's because it is me dummy" Avery is saying. Oh yeah, I forgot this all happened three years ago and I'm telling the story on a tape recorder for Chiron.

Anyway, I burst out running. At least the best running I could do with six-inch heels on that weren't actually mine. Avery and I have been through a lot together and I knew when she was actually scared. One time, we were chased by a boy with one eye in the forest!

That was when we ran into the boy and girl.