F O U R

❝Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that's how I'll remember you.❞
_________________

[♡] Play the song when you see this

Jung Hoseok

After making his brothers smile for the past 5 years, Hobi wondered if he could do it one last time too.

Because seeing his friends smile and laugh, gave him happiness that was indescribable.

And right now, happiness was a luxury to all of them.
_________________

Chaos had erupted all over the world, the moment news of BTS's disbandment spread across the social media.

Armys blatantly refused to believe this, until confirmed by BTS themselves.
But BTS themselves weren't sure what were they supposed to confirm.

That like fools they agreed to disband while at the peak of there careers? That this was the end of the flower road? That BTS was never supposed to happen?

The situation was so miserable at their place, that none of the members had even stepped out of their rooms for the past 10 hours.
And the whole house was eerily quiet.

Hoseok could only wonder what demon were they summoning.
_______________

They had a conference meeting with the company managers about the further steps they should take.

And as if unanimously, everyone agreed that there will be no press meeting, no V Lives etc.
Instead, just a simple confirmation from BigHit and BTS themselves.

Everything else will be said/livestreamed on the day of their last concert.

BTS were uncharacteristically quiet throughout the meeting. Usually, atleast one of them would randomly start making dying whale noises.

They could hardly maintain eye-contact with their staff. Their family. Or vice-versa

As soon as the meeting was over, they practically tripped over their chairs to get out of there. They couldn't bear to see the tears in the staffs' eyes anymore.

"Whew, that was bad," Yoongi said, as they reached their van.

"No kidding," Jimin replied, sliding into the back seat.

Hoseok quietly slipped into the driver's seat, and started driving.

Only when did they reach a thickly-forested area, did BTS notice their surroundings.

"Hey! Where are we going?" Jin asked, surprised.

"You'll see. There is food on the floor. Help yourselves," Hoseok simply replied.

The rest of them stared at each other, perplexed. And then collectively shrugged and started eating.

What? Food is life.

_________________

To say that their eyes popped out of their sockets and randomly started playing pinball, once they reached their destination was an understatement.

[♡]

They were at their place.

The park where they used to come during their pre-debut times. The park where they had shared all their stories. Where they cried. Laughed.

This was their place.

They turned towards Hoseok in excitement, wondering what he had in store for them, only to be shocked to see Hoseok lying crumpled on the ground, crying.

"I can't do this. I can't lose you guys. I can't," he repeatedly chanted, as the others rushed to comfort him.

Namjoon quitely kept a hand on hia shoulder.
"Hoseok, pain demands to be felt. Just let it all out. We are here for you," he said gently.

Hoseok shuddered, but nodded ever so slightly. He stood up and moved towards the van, retrieved a packet from the inside, and sat down again in the circle.

His legs felt like lead.

"Here guys," he said, as he handed everyone something from the packet.

A journal

"Open the first page."

They did so. It had a picture of them from their first BBMAs win.

"When you guys move forward with your lives, I want you guys to remember that in the end, despite all those tears and criticisms, we made it.
And we did so with a smile. And smiles always shine."

He looked around and smiled for the effect.

"And starting from now, I want you guys to note down any thing that happened to you guys that made you smile. It can be anything, however stupid it may be. Maybe a few hours of extra sleep. Maybe extra sauce. Maybe a call from your long-lost friend. Anything. Because when you guys feel sad, I want you to flip through these pages, and smile once again. And if it doesn't help you, just flip through at the first page, and remember Bangtan. Our Bangtan. Remember Yoongi, the sleeping turtle. Remember Jin, the cook. Remember Namjoon, the clumsy leader. Remember Jimin, the cute mochi. Remember Taehyung, the sexy monkey. Remember Jungkook, the muscle baby."

His eyes glistened with tears.
"And remember Hobi, the one who always told you to smile and shine. Because you are worth it."

Hobi taught them to smile, regardless of what people say. Because even the sun doesn't give a fuck, when it shines too brightly.

___________

[A/N]:

Rip me.
Tomorrow monday. Full week school

Kill me already

^^ManviAarya whatever I said about smiling and being worth it, I want to say the same for you. Wherever you go, I'll be there for you. Because I love you. And you are worth all the happiness out there