Chapter twelve.

'…He's so lovely... (I think). And so passionate about his school work, you would love him! Few look back at this strange man, trying their best to ignore his gaze. A brave few look back, curiosity as well in their eyes. But luckily I was one of the few that really looked into those dark-filled eyes, and saw a soul that was alive. A soul that needed some love…

I know that you never liked the sound of me being involved with someone. But I'm so happy… Really!

And don't get me started on Draco, he has his problems, and I have mine.

I don't even know if we are going to become friends again, even though we always do.

Overall I can't wait to see you again, and I'm having so much fun…

Love you lots, Mum and Dad.

Love from your daughter Amelia xxx'…

The scratching of the quill on the white dainty paper soon stopped in a slow motion pace.

But then the pace picked up again, to scratch down one more loving 'X'.

Her fingers dropped the quill, which still had a teardrop of ink on it, and folded the paper in half, to tuck it into the warm envelope at her side.

As soon as she was done with that, she peered up at her family owl.

It was a somewhat dark owl, with spots of white on top of its head, and on its chest. Amelia patted its head gently, and eagerly waved the letter under its beak, waiting impatiently for it to grab it, and take it to her parent's house.

Amelia looked over the barrier that she was holding, and mesmerized the deathly drop of where she stood.  

Gladly, the orange eyed owl tolerantly took the letter from under its beak, and opened its gorgeous, soot coloured feathered wings, followed by thrusting itself to the edge of the metal barricade.

"Make sure that it gets to my mother first okay? My Dad will forget to give it to her as well!" Amelia told her owl.

Her owl pushed herself up from where it stood, and curled its small claws under its feathers.

"Good girl" Amelia smiled as she watched her beautiful owl set off to deliver her news to her parents.

"Wow… Imagine falling from here" Amelia asked herself, as the gawped at the magnificent view and the long drop to the concrete ground.

She turned around to admire the huge globe statue that hung proudly behind her. It had metal pieces swirling around the grey globe, which made it look even more fantastic!

She smiled, and walked towards the stairs that led her down back into the castle.

     *      *      *

There was a strong force in Amelia's heart that pulled her towards the girls' toilets (that no one ever used anymore).

Without haste, Amelia walked into the abandoned bathroom and looked around. She was dreading to find an annoying ghost of Moaning Myrtle.

She had a voice that would taunt your nerves, and a screech that would pierce your ears until they drew dark blood.

Amelia really didn't want to run into her.

Right in the corner of the room was a tall, dark figure that stood with its back to Amelia.

Her eyes squinted to try and make her vision clearer.

She retreated back as hushed as she could, as she didn't want to find out who it was.

"Who's there?" a deep voice snapped as the figure turned round.

It was then that Amelia noticed who it was.

It was the dark wizard that seemed to light up her world with just one glance.

A wizard that she worried for…

The man that she couldn't shake off of her mind, even if she tried with all her might!

"Severus?" Amelia asked out faintly.

"Yes? Who is there?" He called out, staring at her blurry figure.

She began to walk closer and closer, to aid his curious mind.

It was then, that he found a young witch that he had sinned with before. "What are you doing here?" She asked, as she tried to be irresistible. "I... Um…" Snape glanced down at his hand which seemed to be holding a small piece of paper. Without haste, he tucked it deeply into his robes. "What are you doing here?" He also questioned, as he looked down on her with his eyes, without lowering his head.

Amelia found herself moving even closer to his body, where she could feel his warm body heat caressing her shivery body.

There was a silence.

Only silence, and a slight dripping sound of a leaky tap.

That was when Amelia felt his arms pulling her into his embrace, of a very warm hug.

"Won't we get done for this?" She asked worriedly, while his fingers brushed her black, medium length hair.

"Reality is a burden, which I no longer wish to bear". Snape lightly kissed the top of her head, which made him wrap his arms even tighter around her upper body.

Amelia smiled and closed her eyes. She knew exactly what he meant, because she felt the exact same way as he did.

The thumping of his heart pressed against Amelia's right ear, where it comforted her, and reassured her that he must feel the same way about her… But what did she feel? When she walked past him in the corridors before these past couple of days, she felt pure hatred, and disgust.

But now?.. It was the feeling of lust.

Mysteriousness and happiness.

The way that she could feel her heart leaping out of her chest, then hiding away next to his made a whole new impression on her potions master.

How could one man be so enchanting? So stone cold and evil on the outside, but fragile and warm in his soul.

This was a moment that Amelia could not loose.

This was the moment that Amelia could feel every single word, hitting the deep depths of a lost soul inside her.

Awakening a new Amy, and stitching up a past heartbreaker's territory.

Before she knew it, Amelia felt her head pull up from his chest, and her hands reaching for his face. Forcefully, she pulled his head down to her level, and kissed yet again, on his cold lips. His eyebrows lowered, he seemed to be lost in a swarm of forbidden kisses. They should have stung his lips there and then, but they eased. They should have made him jump back with disgust, but he remained. He pulled her tighter and tighter into his embrace, deepening their kiss.

Behind Snape's lips, a voice called out, "Stop".

Amelia, withdrawn to carry on, looked up at him with worrying eyes. He smiled at her. A sight that Amelia thought that she would never witness in her life! Snape reached in his sleeve, and smoothly pulled out his wand.

Pointing at the bathroom door, Snape cast a short spell, and the door soon shut and locked. Now, with a gaze in his eyes, and a crooked smile on his mouth, Severus pulled Amelia closer once more.

"I love you…" Amelia admitted, as her lips contacted his more passionately than the last time.