Lamb Skewers

Yoongi barely managed to pull his third all nighter. He could feel his heart thumping hard against his rib cage, fueled by energy drinks and shots of coffee. His eyes were in a light shade of red. They were puffy, lacking of moisture. Yoongi sighed. He couldn't seem to get inspired. He couldn't come up with any good ideas. Yoongi, being a perfectionist doesn't help either. He stood up and decided to refill his cup of coffee.

It was a bright morning. Way brighter than what Yoongi was used to. Way brighter than what Yoongi preferred. The bright rays of the sun reminded him of a certain someone. A person who would outshine even the brightest stars in the whole universe. He opened a new sachet of instant black coffee with a smile as he spilled some of the granules carelessly on his kitchen table. Once his kettle started hissing, he poured the boiling water half way and took a cube of sugar. He then dumped ice cubes. The coffee was filled to its brim. He walked over to his kitchen's windows and rolled the shades, blocking the sun from entering his flat. Yoongi sighed as he sipped on his coffee when the door opened.

Jungkook walked in. He wasn't making any eye contact as he dragged his luggage onto the sofa. Yoongi placed the cup on the table as the sudden realization kicked in. He promised to visit Jungkook two days ago. Heck, he crossed his heart.

"How are you feeling?" Yoongi asked his brother. Jungkook stared at the elder.

Yoongi looked pitiful with his disheveled hair, oversized shirt, and Jungkook never really noticed how fragile looking his brother really was. He felt sick.

"Better than you." Jungkook said as he walked over to his room and locked the door. Yoongi sighed as he approached the younger's room. He knocked it gently.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" Yoongi asked, his voice heavy from the lack of sleep.

"Mind your own business, Min Yoongi-ssi." Jungkook replied coldly. His voice redeemed by the space between the two.

"Don't do this to me, Jungkookie." Yoongi said. He closed his eyes for a second, trying to compose himself. "I'm sorry. I promised to visit you and I didn't. Why didn't you tell me that you got released today? I would've picked you up." Yoongi said. The door opened, revealing his younger brother. Jungkook's eyes was filled by rage but overall, he looked so calm that it scared Yoongi.

"If I told you, you would've only come to visit Jimin hyung wouldn't you?" Jungkook said, raising one of his eyebrows. "You don't need to pick me up. You gave me the card so I could pay for my own expenses right? That's what I'm doing right now. Practicing." He said. Yoongi was taken aback.

"What the heck are you saying?" He spat. "Don't do this to me, Jungkook ah. I'm really not in the mood to argue." Yoongi said. "All I wanted to know was whether you had your breakfast or not. We could fight over the rest later." Yoongi said as he rubbed his temples. His headache was starting to take over.

"How about you?" Jungkook interrupted.

"What?"

"When was the last time you eat? Why don't you ask Jimin hyung instead. Take him out for breakfast and don't worry about others when you can't even take care of yourself." Jungkook said, raising his voice.

"One question." Yoongi said as he walked away. "I asked you one question, Min Jungkook!" Yoongi said, nearly screaming.

"It's Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook replied as he slammed the door. Leaving Yoongi outside feeling numb.

"Kookie called me. He was crying." Seokjin said as he took Yoongi out for dinner.

"We had a fight. No big deal." Yoongi said as he sighed for the nth time.