Chapter 6

Hope you enjoy! 

*Unedited*

_____________________

        It's been a week since my confrontation with Aiden. It's been a week since I saw Aiden, actually. Part of me was sad Aiden really had left me alone but I knew it was for the best. 

        Monday, one week later, was when I finally saw him again. Aiden walked in, looking exhausted. There was a bruise on his cheek and he had a busted lip. Nothing too serious but it was obvious he had been in a fight. AIden's knuckles had the most damage, indicating that he most likely won the fight. His knuckles were black and blue, blood crusted on the skin. He sat down next to me and I kept quiet. I stared at his knuckles yelling at him in my mind about how much of an idiot he was for getting into a fight. Aiden groaned. 

        "Quit staring at my like that. I didn't kill anybody, I swear." I looked at him in surprise and quickly turned looked at the table. 

        "Alright kids, time to assign the topics for you're projects." A chorus of groans swept through the classroom. "Oh, come on guys." Mrs. Viars chuckled. "Each group will get a topic that has to do with what we're talking about this month and at the end of the month, you guys have to present it. You and your partner are expected to work together after school to get this done. So, study hall, lunch, after school, anytime you both have free time." She exclaimed happily. Spending extra time with Aiden was not part of my plan. I was trying to stay away from him. I mean, really! I groaned and held my head in my hands. Aiden snorted, earning himself a glare. 

        "Well, looks like I have an excuse to get around what you said last week. I have to spend time with you now." He smirked. I glared at him but I wasn't actually angry with him. It's not like he planned to have this happen. Mrs. Viars handed me a paper with our topic on it. I sent a glare her way and saw her cringe slightly. I sighed. 

        "Ok, we have chemical bonding. Which shouldn't be to hard. So, we need to meet up. Um... is tomorrow alright?" I questioned, looking towards Aiden. He nodded. "Okay. Where do you want to meet?" I questioned. 

        "Hmm... my house is a bit hectic at the moment, so?" Aiden said. I nodded.

        "My house it is." I muttered. "I'll go to the library during my free period and get some more books on the subject. What time is good for you?" I mumbled.

        "How about 5ish? I have something to do after school Tuesday for a bit but it should be done before then." Aiden informed me. I nodded in agreement. "So...that means I'll get to see your castle, right princess?" Aiden asked smirking. I rolled my eyes. 

        "I'd prefer you call it a house but I guess you'll have to see it won't you? And don't call me princess." I scolded. He nudged me. 

        "Come on! Lighten up, Avery!" Aiden smirked. God, he is such an idiot. The class dragged on and Aiden continued to bug me. "Princess Avery!" He sang, rather loudly, off key. That earned more then a few jealous looks from the other females in the class. Did I mention the amount of girls falling over each other for this idiot? "Come down from your tower!" He laughed. I groaned and felt cheeks turn bright red. 

        "Shut up." I hissed, noticing some of the class was now staring. Aiden chuckled. The bell rang and I darted out of the room, my face still twinged pink. 

*******

        Aiden's late. It's 5:30 and he still hasn't shown up. Somehow, I'm not surprised. This morning I had given him my address and we had swapped numbers. Aiden had put himself as, 'Sex God.' I didn't bother to call him though. He'd be here eventually and if not, whatever. I hummed as I wandered through the empty house. The door bell echoed through the house when it rang. I took my time getting to the door. Checking the peep-hole just as a precaution.