🖤☁️I Don't Need Your Pity☁️🖤

(A/N What's this, platonic Bakudeku? No, Esha would never!)

Izuku wished that he was the one who was quirkless.

Katsuki wished that Izuku would stop pitying him.

Izuku wished that Katsuki could see that he wasn't pitying him and that he truly wanted to be friends.

•___________•

•3 years of age•

Izuku and Katsuki held hands and ran around the butterfly garden. They then both fell over and laughed. They were smiling and blushing from the heat. The young boys were sweating and breathing heavily as the lay in the grass.

This is when Izuku first accidentally used his quirk.

The greenette's breathing had become deeper and shallower. The boy then started to shake.

"Zuki? Are you okay?" Katsuki asked, turning his head to look at the small boy.

"Yeah, I'm okay Kacchan." Izuku replied.

The greenette then hiccuped and flames spewed from his mouth. It then collected in his hands. Almost immediately the flames went away again.

"Woah! Zuki! I think that was your quirk!" Katsuki was impressed but slightly upset that Izuku got his quirk first.

"Y-yeah, ouch. It kinda burns a little." Izuku rubbed his neck and opened and closed his mouth.

•___________•

•5 years of age•

Katsuki had waited a long time for his quirk. Everyone else in his class already had gotten theirs. Izuku thought that maybe his quirk was just a bit late.

However Mitsuki wasn't too sure. Katsuki was taken to the doctor and he got an x-ray of his foot.

"You see here, in his pinkie toe, he has two joints. However people with quirks only have one joint in their pinkie." The doctor points to the x-ray image behind him.

"So you're saying that Katsuki won't revive a quirk?" Mitsuki asked, holding her son's shoulders, rubbing them slightly.

"Mama?" Katsuki looked at Mitsuki then looked at the doctor.

"I'm sorry." The doctor shook his head and sighed.

•That Night•

"Hey Mitsuki, how was th-..." Inko was cut off by a loud bang coming from Mitsuki's end of the phone.

"KATSUKI PLEASE STOP JUMP AND HITTING THE WALLS." Mitsuki shouted at her son.

"I JUST WANTED A QUIRK, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!" Katsuki shouted downstairs.

"I'm sorry. But yeah, it didn't go very well, Katsuki, he... He didn't get a quirk..." Mitsuki wiped her silent tears from her end of the phone. "Could you tell Izuku. He's a good kid, I'm sure he'll understand."

Inko nodded her head then realised that Mitsuki couldn't see her. "Y-Yes, of course I will. I'll speak to you tomorrow." Inko then hung up. "Izu! Could you come in here for a second!" Inko shouted to her son who was in the kitchen.

"Okay mama." Izuku ran into the living room, the boy had paint all over himself.

"What have you been doing Izu?" Inko asked her paint-covered son.

"Oh, I was making you a picture mama." Izuku said innocently.

"I hope you didn't make a mess." Inko sighed. "Izu, you know Katsuki, your friend."