How to Overthrow a Mayor

Hundreds of people gathered around the center of the town. The mayor of smallish-ville had an important announcement about the state of their town.
"Attention, everyone!" the Mayor proclaimed. "As you all may know, our town of smallish-ville is decreasing in power and strength. All of our previous allies and neighbors have moved on away from this place because of the dreaded night terrors, and it's only a matter of time before they break through our walls and ruin us. That's why I have decided as mayor of this town to move our city away into uncharted territory where we can all live peacefully."
Murmuring could be heard throughout the town. They had never tried to leave this place where so many memories are kept! But, regardless of how they truly felt, the townspeople agreed to follow their fearless mayor into the great beyond.
"How are we gonna move the town?" a young man shouted. Silence. The mayor cleared his throat several times before answering back. "Well, uhh, do YOU folk have any ideas for moving the town?" This shunned the crowd. The mayor always had a plan! Why didn't he have one now? The people started protesting at the mayor. Maybe the mayor left the town for dead and went off without them. A kid finally broke the outburst.
"What if we just take smallish-ville and lush it somewhere else?" Everyone thought of this to be a good idea, except the mayor.
"What?! You can't be serious, boy! We can't push the city to a new place! Don't be ridiculous!" The town had the final straw with this new mayor. They dragged him into one of the cellers and locked him inside, because nobody believed that the cellars could move with the town. And so, with a mighty amount of teamwork, the town was moved into a far better place, where the night terrors were no longer.

The end