Chapter 5 - Unfriendly Fights

Unfriendly Fights

It is finally Thursday. Two days before Saturday. And also the day that I have been waiting for whole week already. I jump out of bed with a smile on my face. Last night, I couldn't stop thinking of Asher while I laid in bed. To prevent myself from feeling all the negative emotions I feel when it comes to him, I decided to come up with a plan for my charity event instead. I should inform my friends and asks for opinions as well. The thought of raising a lot of money and donating it to orphanages and the homeless people made me really happy.

When I get off the school bus, I hurry towards the library. I've sent a group message to all the people joining the committee that gave me their numbers. We were ten in total plus Ling, Lohan and I. I dodge people as I run to the library and nearly let someone drop all their books. I quickly apologise and hurry on my way. I'm already ten minutes late to our meeting. When I get there, I'm out of breath. I bend over and place my hands on my knees, breathing heavily. When I finally compose myself, I look up and frown in disappointment when I only see three faces. Ling, Lohan and Becca. The others either didn't bother showing up because they're not interested or they just couldn't make it. I'm hoping the latter.

"Er...good morning, guys." I say, my mood suddenly down. I was feeling very excited when I first got here. Excited to share my ideas.

"Good morning." They say in sync.

Becca stands up and sighs. "I'm sorry about this. Highschool students don't give a crap about charity events, especially the ones that come from this prestigious and rich kid school.

I try not to sulk. "But how come Chase and Avery were able to raise twenty thousand dollars in funds?"

Elliot Bay high school is private and the best school in the state. Only the rich come here. The people with fancy Ferraris and Lamborghinis. It consists of atleast one thousand students of all over the world. Doctors, Lawyers, Businessmen and Business women's children attended this school. Each student must be loaded, with the exception of those on a bursary. The fact that so many people don't show care towards a charity event really hurts my heart.

"That's because they have connections and raised something fun that everyone enjoyed, not because they were doing it from the good of their hearts but they wanted to have fun."

I purse my lips in thought. "We could do something fun."

"What do you suggest?"

"I was thinking last night...what about an auction? People can bring all their useless ornaments and stuff at home that they don't use anymore and we can auction it off. It will be great."

"But who in this school would be willing to give off their belongings?" Lohan asks. "Remember, people who go here are brats. Possessions are everything."

"You're right." My heart drop when I realise that this is going to be harder than I thought.

"But..." Becca says, a smirk raising at her lips. "We don't have to have that kind of auction."

"What other kind do you get then?"

"You know, the one where we auction off people."

I gasp. "That's crazy. Humans are not objects, Becca."

"No, Rose." She chuckles. "If you 'buy' the person, you would get to spend a few hours with them or even a day. It would be perfect. You know how horny the boys are at this school. They would waste loads of money to get a date with the hottest girls in school."

"But how would we get girls to join in on this?" Ling asks.

"Trust me, girls would be just as willing to participate. The dance team and cheerleader squad has roughly thirty girls each. That's sixty girls already. The swimming team and football team also has about sixty all together. There are over a hundred suitable candidates." Becca smirks. "I know exactly how to get them to willingly participate."