Darkness followed and my mind wandered through the universe where it stopped and showed me my memories. It finally stopped at the one where I killed my parents. I can see it as clear as day.

Mom comes in my room, followed by Dad. My fangs suddenly grew in and I went straight for them. Dad first, Mom screamed and yelled, “Lexi why? We can help!” then Mom was on the floor my fangs in her neck. Then I went downstairs to my Aunt and asked "Please! Please drive the wooden steak through my heart! It's the only way I won't hurt anymore people." I ended that sentence crying then my Aunt said "Oh Lexi, I can't. You're the only person I have left." then she started crying. I bolted out the door, leaving her quietly weeping on the floor. I saw her face before I  left, it was full of, understanding.

Then came another memory, full of disgust.

It was the second time I fed.

It was a deer, thank goodness, but still. Killing a harmless animal? Really?

It seemed wrong.

But I was hungry.

I saw the deer, and was stalking it. Being a vampire may not give you super-speed, but it makes you as graceful as a swan. I didn't make a sound. No twigs snapped, no rocks kicked aside. Just me and the deer, well me getting ready to kill the deer.

Two swifts jumps and I was on it's back, wrestling it to the ground. It finally gave up and fell, letting me easily embed my fangs in it neck. The blood tasted sweet, like strawberries and cream. But it still had that metallic taste to it, yet it felt comfortable to drink, knowing that a fast death is better than a slow one.

Death.

Painful or quick.

Yet still,

freeing.